GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a lurker and occasional contributor for almost 2 years now, and I’ve finally taken the plunge! In fact, I picked up my 2017 Volt 3 weeks ago. Here are some acknowledgments and observations so far:

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has contributed, either by asking a great question, or providing a great answer, regardless of the snark factor (and sometimes because of it!). The mods have been both a source of sound technical information and reason (well, always the former and usually the latter! :p)

A special THANK YOU to SomewhereInOregon who posted a Private Offer and delivered as promised. Yes, they do exist, and they work even in non-CARB land! That’s $1000 I don’t have to pay!

I had the rear view mirror issue where I couldn’t quite get it set where it needed to be. How lucky for me that others had “discovered” that there are two pivot points! Problem solved!

The regen paddle is more trouble than it’s worth. After reading all the comments about the best way to drive (including the whole “technique-that-shall-not-be-named” debate), I was pretty sure that I just wanted to drive it like I would any other car, and that is how I find myself doing it. Though I have to admit that I do spend too much time looking at the leaf ball and the miles remaining on the guessometer. The recent discussions about max regen vs mechanical braking couldn’t have been more timely! After getting the car with more gas miles than electric (it was driven from Des Moines to Minneapolis in a dealer trade) and a lifetime 42 mpg, I've not used an ounce of gas and the mpg is well north of 100 and continuing to climb.

I look forward to being able to contribute from a position of experience rather than theory. Thanks again to everyone here, and to the newbies I say “do your searches and RTFM!” :cool:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Congrats, Good luck with your Volt, That is very good advice at the end of your post. I find the regen paddle quite use full when slowing to a light and a turn, No trouble at all for me.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Congrats eDreamin’ on your new Volt. I am enjoying the experience but have trouble justifying driving it more. I don't commute, and I try to walk to stores and other laces in the neighborhood so need some rational excuse for driving. Also I have a LEAF so it also needs some love. Best situation is when my wife drives the LEAF and I need to go somewhere beyond walking range. With summer around the corner, I look forward to more Volt driving opportunities. Enjoy your drive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts