GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the Edmunds Inside Line Blog today and came across the Volt review. He states that it cost him $4.16 to charge his Volt and drive it 25.6 miles. His math is off, for one. Saying that he was charged "$.33/kw", when he clearly paid .$22/kw. He then states that he is upset that he drove up a steep grade at highway speeds (75mph?) and his range dropped to 25!
Here is a link to the article:http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2011/02/2011-chevrolet-volt-dollars-and-sense.html

This whole Cali charging debacle debate is getting electrifying!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Edmunds is getting absurd. This guy has the Volt for 4 days a month, and when his electric bill gets pushed to the next tier he's blaming it on the Volt, but then sort of admits well I suppose it could have been the Xmas lights?! We have no way of knowing how much of his bill was due to the Volt and how much was due to everything else in his house. And .31cent/kwh...good golly... the epa site says the average for California is 0.15/kwh. What is this guy running a particle accelerator in his garage? Don't be afraid to install a few CFLs and turn the computers off once in a while Karl.

Further you can see a steady upwards trend in his electricity usage which clearly has nothing to do with the Volt, but rather to the fact that people just keep buying more electronic goodies and they use more and more power.

Really I expect better from Edmunds. I almost have to think he's posting this just to get his comment levels up. Come on Karl, admit it... you guys are paid on your comment count...aren't you? I am getting better than 250 mpg and have had to make zero changes to the way I drive, other than plug it in when I get home and plug it in when I get to work, and that is less time consuming and cheaper than pumping gas.

·
Registered
452 Posts
And what about the rest of the country where the average is about $1.25 to fill up on electrons?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Edmunds is getting absurd. This guy has the Volt for 4 days a month, and when his electric bill gets pushed to the next tier he's blaming it on the Volt, but then sort of admits well I suppose it could have been the Xmas lights?! What is this guy running a particle accelerator in his garage?
From the content of his post, more likely lots of grow-lights.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Edmunds has been hostile to the Volt from the beginning, and unleashed that "GM Lied" firestorm. They're not GM fans in general, based on my appraisal of most of their reviews. So it doesn't surprise me that their long term Volt is destined from the get go to be an unflattering story, with a foregone conclusion. Good thing most of the rest of the auto mags seem to be a lot more even minded, at least lately.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Who knew, hills only affect EVs

What a meathead.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Edmunds is getting absurd. This guy has the Volt for 4 days a month, and when his electric bill gets pushed to the next tier he's blaming it on the Volt, but then sort of admits well I suppose it could have been the Xmas lights?! We have no way of knowing how much of his bill was due to the Volt and how much was due to everything else in his house. And .31cent/kwh...good golly... the epa site says the average for California is 0.15/kwh. What is this guy running a particle accelerator in his garage? Don't be afraid to install a few CFLs and turn the computers off once in a while Karl.

Further you can see a steady upwards trend in his electricity usage which clearly has nothing to do with the Volt, but rather to the fact that people just keep buying more electronic goodies and they use more and more power.

Really I expect better from Edmunds. I almost have to think he's posting this just to get his comment levels up. Come on Karl, admit it... you guys are paid on your comment count...aren't you? I am getting better than 250 mpg and have had to make zero changes to the way I drive, other than plug it in when I get home and plug it in when I get to work, and that is less time consuming and cheaper than pumping gas.
Awesome reply, Volt Guy! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was pissed off at his slanted report. You can bet the trolls will love to quote this article. You ever notice how slanted articles have all the sound bites in the first paragraph.... yea, trolls don't read too good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts