GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from "Darlene S. Calderon" <[email protected]> with an attached PDF legal document saying, in short, Ecotality is finally bankrupt, and I think, that we're likely to lose any warranty on our Blink chargers.

I've attempted to attach a copy of the PDF.

I sure hope this doesn't mean all the Blink network chargers are going to get shut down and that the 3-year warranty on DOE Blink chargers doesn't go away.

View attachment Ecotality - Limited Warranty Notice.pdf

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ditto - got mine too. I'm pretty sure our warranties just expired...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well I'm guessing some enterprising individual will buy up dead units and salvage the valuable parts for OpenEVSEs...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bummer....at least there are other options that have come down in price now. Wonder if I'll get a call if I disconnnect it from the internet....

·
Registered
231 Posts
In chapter 11, are the contracts transfering ownership of the Blink EVSE to the Volt owner at the programs end date (end of 2013) now in doubt? Can the buyer of the bankrupcy assets retain ownership of the home installed Blinks (not yet transferred to the Volt owners) and sell them?

·
Registered
622 Posts
In chapter 11, are the contracts transfering ownership of the Blink EVSE to the Volt owner at the programs end date (end of 2013) now in doubt? Can the buyer of the bankrupcy assets retain ownership of the home installed Blinks (not yet transferred to the Volt owners) and sell them?
I sure hope not. I extended the warranty with them for another year by letting them own my unit for another year. I hope that whoever buys the assets has to honor the terms of Blink EVSE contract we signed with them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got the email too, is the 3yr warranty for the unit kaput then? Will we still get to own our chargers after that time?
Is there a legal person in the house that can verify? :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
WOW, legal service by email. Is that really legal?

Maybe you'll get lucky and the court will be shut down by the Cruz freeze.

I guess a real lawyer could enter an appearance and file motions to delay the sale, but do you think that Blink has any repair staff still employed?

The question of chargers that have been paid for but still owned by Blink is interesting. Try writing the court with copies to the lawyers. Maybe the judge will appoint counsel for people so situated and ultimately protect your title.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most likely you own the charger outright now. I got mine in March, 2012. I sent them an email regarding whether I could sell it, and they said that my contract expired in April, 2013, and I could sell it without consequence.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The terms of my Ecotality EV Project agreement stipulate that it is through 12/31/2013. If the agreement is terminated without cause or early without cause then the EVSE ownership is transfered to the participant. ECOtality has the right to change the agreement if the DOE changes the agreement with ECOtality so I don't know if there is a potentital for these agreements to become terminated since the DOE has not fully paid ECOtality? It does stipulate that if these terms change and you dont agree with any new terms then that is considered grounds for your contract to be terminated with ECOtality with cause, which in my contract would then allow ECOtality to invoice me for $2,695 for cost incurred for the EVSE, etc. Best case is that this will get wrapped up in hearings for several months.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I just reported one of the public Blinks at the Fairlakes Hyatt was not functioning on Wednesday. I wonder if it will ever get repaired.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The terms of my Ecotality EV Project agreement stipulate that it is through 12/31/2013. If the agreement is terminated without cause or early without cause then the EVSE ownership is transfered to the participant. ECOtality has the right to change the agreement if the DOE changes the agreement with ECOtality so I don't know if there is a potentital for these agreements to become terminated since the DOE has not fully paid ECOtality? It does stipulate that if these terms change and you dont agree with any new terms then that is considered grounds for your contract to be terminated with ECOtality with cause, which in my contract would then allow ECOtality to invoice me for $2,695 for cost incurred for the EVSE, etc. Best case is that this will get wrapped up in hearings for several months.
Bankruptcy courts rewrite contracts all the time.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ugh, talk about bad timing for me. My unit has started playing up again so I called Blink just last week to log a service call to get it fixed. Now I know why the guy on the phone was being really weird about setting up a service call. I guess if it breaks, i'm SOL and i'll have to keep putting up with the unit failing occasionally in the meantime.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got this email back on 10/20 from [email protected]
Has anyone gotten a response back from them on support-related calls/issues?

Important News About Blink

As you may have heard, Car Charging Group (“CarCharging”) just acquired the Blink Network and all of the Blink related assets. If you aren’t already familiar with CarCharging, we have been in the EV charging business since 2009 and are the owner of the largest independent public EV charging station network.

CarCharging has always been committed to supporting the EV industry and we want to assure you that the Blink charging stations will continue to operate. We will work as quickly as possible to rectify any outstanding issues in order to elevate the Blink stations and network to the highest quality standard.

If you have an urgent maintenance issue (i.e. your charger does not work), please contact the Blink Call Center at (888) 998-2546 and we will do our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We appreciate your support and we look forward to serving you! Charge on!

Michael D. Farkas
Chief Executive Officer
CarCharging

Want to learn more about CarCharging?
Visit www.carcharging.com

Charge On!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts