GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My tires got quieter too. After the 7500 mile rotation I had no more noise concerns.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How is the electric range with these tires?

I'm now looking for tires for my gen1 now, too.

Based on what I read on this forum, the two most promissing seem to be these Ecopia 422 Plus or Continental Pure Contact LS

So I'd like to ask those who have either of these tires, how is the electric range been compared to the OEM tires?

I'd like to stay as close to OEM range as possible. Except for the weak sidewalls, I didn't find the OEMs that bad... Given what people are writing, that means either of these choices would be better in handling and noise and rain. But rolling resistance has been harder to gauge from the comments.

Thanks,

-Lumos
2014 Gen1, 53k miles

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I'm now looking for tires for my gen1 now, too.

Based on what I read on this forum, the two most promissing seem to be these Ecopia 422 Plus or Continental Pure Contact LS

So I'd like to ask those who have either of these tires, how is the electric range been compared to the OEM tires?

I'd like to stay as close to OEM range as possible. Except for the weak sidewalls, I didn't find the OEMs that bad... Given what people are writing, that means either of these choices would be better in handling and noise and rain. But rolling resistance has been harder to gauge from the comments.

Thanks,

-Lumos
2014 Gen1, 53k miles
I was very impressed (with the Ecopia 422 Plus) regarding rolling resistance. I was running the new tires ~2 psi higher (at 40 psi) than I had run the OEM's but the ride was less harsh, so it was painless. After the first week or so, I was seeing equivalent range to what I had had with the OEM tires

·
Premium Member
2012 Volt Premium (Cyber Gray Metallic) - Stock
58 Posts
These are practically silent compared to performance tires and give great range. I’m getting 41.1 miles regularly with a new HV battery and these tires. Sadly they went up in price so I’m getting the stock Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires this time. Did I mention the tread life on the Ecopia 422 Plus is amazing?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts