GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is Eco-Hold? Seems like just a few lines of code. This would lock the generator into it's most efficient speed for those of us who out drive the battery regularly. It would be a 'floating' hold unless min/max SOC was reached. I have read that the generator is supposedly running at speeds that are all within ~10% of best efficiency -- But I would for one would like that ~10%.

Settable TPMS would be great for those of us running higher PSI

Turning off all the nanny-state stuff would be nice also: drivers side door open with ignition on (who decided 10 minutes was the right amount of time for that to ding away????), all the horn chirps (where did that fuse go ;-), and stop locking me in my own damn car!, I'm a grown ass adult, who are you protecting me from? Myself? lol

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
If you are hoping for a magical software update to correct these issues that you have with the car, it's never going to happen. GM isn't as nimble as say Apple or Tesla (I was also going to add Samsung, but I think with their latest phone, they definitely cut some corners to try to beat the Apple to the market, and now they have egg on their face, and burn spots on their..."

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Where is Eco-Hold? Seems like just a few lines of code. This would lock the generator into it's most efficient speed for those of us who out drive the battery regularly.
Disconnect the horn, I never use mine anyway.

As for eco-hold the closest you would get would be using a dual EFIE or a wide band intercept to lock the AFR to 15.5:1, some here working on e85 tunes are working on setting up lean cruze on the volt doing it the right way by programming the ECM.

As for programming the BCM you will need to wait probably another 8 years (that was how it seemed to work on the insight)

Good Luck
Ryan

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
It's all about balance and engineering compromise.

ECO could increase noise. More noise is not desirable for everyone.

ECO implies that the battery is used more often and deeper since the efficient RPM may not keep up with average use. More 'reduced power' events could happen. Not desirable for everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eco would be engaged before battery depletion (on the highway, say) and would end if min or max soc was reached. yes the driver would need to disengage when appropriate so as not to leave battery remaining at the end of the trip/day -- as regular hold works now, just at a single speed with a floating soc as opposed to a multispeed with a single soc (/window).

also not talking about modding generator to increase stock efficiency, through software or hardware, just maximizing existing setup.

i'm talking about doors locking when put into gear to drive, not upon exiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts