GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, which type of E Parking Brake does the Volt have? The one where a motor pulls the cable to set the brakes or one that has a motor at each caliper to set the brakes?

Tim.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I park in my steep driveway and love the sound and feel of the brake releasing. It almost feels like the car is being hydraulically lowered to the road after hovering in charge mode. Even after releasing the brake it still grips and releases when the car starts to move. I too was wondering what kind of parking brake system that is...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I park in my steep driveway and love the sound and feel of the brake releasing. It almost feels like the car is being hydraulically lowered to the road after hovering in charge mode. Even after releasing the brake it still grips and releases when the car starts to move. I too was wondering what kind of parking brake system that is...
I don't think its the parking brake still holding after you've released it. The Volt also has a hill holder, so if you stop on a hill without using the parking brake, it should hold till you hit the "gas" pedal. Try it in the same spot without setting the parking brake and see if it feels the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts