GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've suggested before that an E-flex 'Vette would make sense because you can get higher performance out of an electric drivetrain for a given size & cost - it would make a better 'Vette, which is saying a lot.

I would also like to see a 4WD sport wagon, like an Audi S4 Quattro. Maybe under the Saab brand? Having 2 motors, front and back is simple and should give great performance. People need a way forward from the SUV & sport wagons will make a comeback in a big way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Even a 2WD wagon would be a good offering. I'm not likely to buy a Volt in its currently-proposed sedan-shaped hatch form, because I like wagons and "proper" hatchbacks. A very racy angle to the rear glass means that my bull terrier's kennel has to go so far forward you must fold a seat, and it's wide enough that you have to fold the wide side of the seat, and suddenly you have a 3-seater if the dog's coming.

I drive a Subaru Legacy GT Wagon these days, and I like it. A Volt sportwagon, or a Malibu e-flex wagon (or an e-flex powertrain in the upcoming CTS wagon) would be viable options. I'm somewhat spoiled to AWD now, so I'd definitely like an AWD version, but I can't really pretend that it's necessary in Texas. ;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I would love the Volt to be a sport wagon. This would be my preference. I have owned and enjoyed many wagons. I don't need AWD, although RWD would be awsome! I'll plug it again and try to plant a seed in GM's ear one more time for the 2004 Chevy Nomad concept. It could be E-Flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not likely to buy a Volt in its currently-proposed sedan-shaped hatch form, because I like wagons and "proper" hatchbacks.
I agree. I hate it when they call a shortened station wagon a "hatchback" (like the current VW Rabbit, previous Ford Focus, Saturn Astra, etc.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would have to think that any 4WD version would be far off, since 4WD drops the gas mileage potential.
That's true of conventional AWD systems, but with two (or four) electric motors, it could be quite efficient - perhaps even more efficient than 2WD.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would love the Volt to be a sport wagon. This would be my preference. I have owned and enjoyed many wagons. I don't need AWD, although RWD would be awsome! I'll plug it again and try to plant a seed in GM's ear one more time for the 2004 Chevy Nomad concept. It could be E-Flex.
Once again we are in complete agreement DeV8or. I told GM that I would buy the Nomad the day that it hit the dealer floor. So they killed the project. :mad: Now there are two voices in the wilderness, yours and mine. I doubt that it will revive the Nomad, but it's worth a try.

PS: I'd buy it as an E-flex or pure ICE, I don't care. I'd pay for the gas to drive something that looks this cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts