GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I custom ordered a new 2019 Volt Premier with the new Infotainment 3 Plus system (option code IOU) on 11/5/2019. The car is scheduled for production the week of 11/26/2019 (very fast!). I'm looking for an electronic copy of the new infotainment system. It's not available via my.chevrolet.com, and Chevrolet chat was no help either. Does anyone know when I can download a copy of this? I would like to get familiar with the new system. I suspect it's similar to our new Cadillace CTS CUE-3 system, but would like to get a head start learning about it before it arrives. TIA.

Oh and are there any threads about this new system on the forum? My search wasn't too helpful...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I note that the 2017 Volt Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment System manual covers infotainment subject topics for many Chevrolet car models, not just the Volt. Discussion tends to use the phrase, "if equipped," as for example: Valet Mode: If equipped, this will lock the infotainment system and steering wheel controls.... Steering Wheel Controls (Volt): If equipped, some audio controls can be adjusted at the steering wheel....

This suggests you could search for the 2019 manual without being Volt-specific.

I just did an internet search for "2019 Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment System manual" and came up with hits for the 2018 Chevrolet Volt MyLink Infotainment System manual and the 2019 Corvette infotainment manual. I then shortened it to "2019 MyLink Infotainment System Manual" and located Cadillac’s 2019 infotainment manual, called "The Next Generation Cadillac User Experience" (ah, the "CUE" system!). I also note a youtube video titled Chevy MyLink 2019 that offers a basic tutorial, and it points out some changes from previous years (this demonstration is done using the infotainment center on a 2019 Chevy Spark)...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wordprom, FYI the system is no longer called MyLink. Thanks for your research. I looked at the YouTube videos for some of the other Chevrolet vehicles; The look and functionality are very similar to CUE-3, which is a great system versus prior CUE iterations; It's fast, intuitive and works reliability.

·
Registered
37 Posts
God, I hope not! Cue is total crap!
Do you have a vehicle with CUE-3 in it? I do and it is the opposite of the word you used (which I will not repeat).
You’re right. Got my 2019 and the infotainment is outstanding. Very responsive and intuitive. Time will tell if it’s reliable but definitely one of the best systems I’ve used.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’re right. Got my 2019 and the infotainment is outstanding. Very responsive and intuitive. Time will tell if it’s reliable but definitely one of the best systems I’ve used.
Thanks for this report. Watching the YouTube videos on the system confirmed the similarity to CUE-3. It's much more like a typical mobile device. My CTS CUE-3 has had a full operating system update recently, several apps have been updated, and new apps have been added, all over the air.

After looking around at the various vehicles with the new Infotainment-3 on the my.chevrolet.com site I couldn't find any manuals for the new system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts