GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have had my 2011 Volt for about a year now with no issues at all. However just today I had the check engine light come on with the code P0CE0. I did some searching and it appears to be caused by the HV coolant control valve. I am curious if anyone has had to deal with this recently. I am curious if this will be covered within the Voltec warranty as my car only has 64k on it. I called the dealership and they would not answer without giving seeing the car. Which I understand. But they also said if it’s not covered under warranty it will be $159 just to look at the car. I have not really had to use dealerships much at all as I am pretty handy mechanically and do most all of my own work. But if it’s something that should be covered by warranty I would rather the dealer do it of course. Any insight would be welcome as I did not find anything posted recently about this. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

FWIW: Gen1 service manual 1st troubleshooting step is to simply exercise the Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Control Solenoid Valve in the hope that it may clear this latched DTC. This can be accomplished via VCX Nano or similar thru GDS2...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I will check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts