GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight after stopping to buy gas (grrrr - another story) I notice the Check Engine Light was on after starting back on the highway. I called OnStar and they read back two codes P0CCF and P1E00. The second is a generic code, and the first, according to OnStar, is something like "battery voltage regulation failure". OnStar told me to take the Volt to the dealer tomorrow.

Then I came home and looked up P0CCF, a place called "repairprocedures.com" reports the code is "Charge Port Door Position Sensor Circuit High".

Does anyone know which definition for P0CCF is correct?

The Volt is sitting in my garage, not charging. I was in CS mode when I drove into the garage. Should I charge the Volt tonight, or should I wait until after have it looked at by a service technician?

If I buy the service manual that is now available, would it answer these sort of questions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

WVhybrid

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
"Charge Port Door Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage" is the correct service defininition. Onstar sometimes uses a generic DTC description but the advisor may have just misinterpreted the statement.
In either case there HAS been a few issues crop up with the operation of the open-closed feedback switches within the charge door hinge assembly.In this case "high voltage" isnt really HIGH just detected as being at a high level (5-12V) when it was anticipated to be much less than that (i.e. grounded> ~0V) under specific door open- door closed conditions. The timing of these small limit switches appears to be something the Volt is a bit too sensitive too IMO.

But you shouldnt have issues with charging and it wont have any affect or impact on the diagnosis so... charge away
The MIL might even go out after a few drive cycles.
But I would still take it to your dealer as soon as convenient as they will check out the mechanical operation of the switches and possibly replace the hinge assembly.

WOT
Tonight after stopping to buy gas (grrrr - another story) I notice the Check Engine Light was on after starting back on the highway. I called OnStar and they read back two codes P0CCF and P1E00. The second is a generic code, and the first, according to OnStar, is something like "battery voltage regulation failure". OnStar told me to take the Volt to the dealer tomorrow.

Then I came home and looked up P0CCF, a place called "repairprocedures.com" reports the code is "Charge Port Door Position Sensor Circuit High".

Does anyone know which definition for P0CCF is correct?

The Volt is sitting in my garage, not charging. I was in CS mode when I drove into the garage. Should I charge the Volt tonight, or should I wait until after have it looked at by a service technician?

If I buy the service manual that is now available, would it answer these sort of questions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

WVhybrid

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you WOT! I'll start charging.

As the DTC occured when I was adding gas and not cycling the charge port, could this same code alert to a fault in the gas door?

Again, thank you.

WVhybrid

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Thank you WOT! I'll start charging.

As the DTC occured when I was adding gas and not cycling the charge port, could this same code alert to a fault in the gas door?

Again, thank you.

WVhybrid
Your welcome. :D
But no, AFAIK that particular code is associated to the CHARGE door only. (just a coincidence IMO)
About the only thing you MAY notice is the "Charge Door Open" warning message might not illuminate if your door is open and you shift out of park. (unless the fault is intermittent) In fact if you leave the door open and you still GET this message (when you shift out of Park) then the previously detected fault is no longer present.
HTH
WOT

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unbelievable, my old buddies, DTC P0CCF and DTC P1E00 are back again. I'm not getting any "Charge door open" console error messages, so I think I will wait and see if they go out soon.

Maybe I should change my handle to Arrrgghh!.

WVhybrid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts