GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm the Onstar advisor kind of messed this up. P1E00 is merely a generic DTC [diagnostic trouble codes] that indicates that an undetermined fault was detected by the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module (in this case it was the P0CD2 charge door fault) and thus is requesting the Check Engine Light illuminate on your IP. So these two DTCs will ALWAYS be a matched set. (and the P1E00 will actually be persent in combination many hundreds of other DTCs as well)
My engine light came on today. I called Onstar and they ran diagnostics but didn't find anything. I came home and saw P1F0B (& associated P1E00) on my ScanGuage. I reset them. Later I was out and called Onstar who transferd me to the "diagnostics center". They ran diagnoistics again but didn't find anything (perhaps because I cleared the code unless the past ones are stored/saved).

They said if it happens again to call Onstar and as for the "diagnostic center".

P1F0B seems unique as not many hits on the web. A/C would only run in my 30ish degree weather to defrost so I'm not too concerned at this time.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Was the Check Engine lamp actually ON when you called Onstar or had it already gone out on it's own?
Were you driving the Volt when the light came on or??
WOT

·
Super Moderator
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the Check Engine lamp actually ON when you called Onstar or had it already gone out on it's own? Were you driving the Volt when the light came on or?? WOT
The Chk Eng Light was ON the 1st time I called Onstar and they ran the diagnostics without finding anything. It was OFF (due to my ScanGuage reset) the 2nd time I called Onstar and they ran the diagnostics without finding anything. I was driving down the road in both case they did the diagnostics.

I do not know if it came on when I was driving or when I started up. I'd guess when I was driving as I would have thought I'd noticed it upon startup ... but this car is starting to feel more "normal" and "normal" so I just take for granted everything is going good when I start it up and put it in reverse to exit the garage.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Please keep us posted with any new happenings. I really want all you early adopters to help get the Volt ready for me when my purchase time comes around late this year or early next year. More power to you guys and I love you for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More power to you guys and I love you for it.
You can not have our Bud Lights! Nice try, tho. ( http://www.google.com/search?&q=i+love+you+man+bud+light )

You are welcome. I have not really had any real issues. This stuff has not caused me any "outages". I did buy from out of state so it is a little risky for me but I knew this product was important to GM so I was sure they would not let me/us down.

This car is dang impressive when you get to live with it for a month as I have.

3,600 Posts
We advise against clearing codes from the vehicle. When codes are cleared the dealer / engineering team loses valuable data that could be used to root cause an issue in the unlikely event one were to ever occur. Remember that after three (3) key cycles, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL - aka check engine light) will automatically turn off if the fault is no longer present. Allowing the MIL to clear this way will move the original MIL request code to history - a state where valuable data can be retrieved by the dealer.

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team

·
Super Moderator
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<snip>
Remember that after three (3) key cycles, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL - aka check engine light) will automatically turn off if the fault is no longer present. Allowing the MIL to clear this way will move the original MIL request code to history - a state where valuable data can be retrieved by the dealer.
<snip>
3 cycles / history ... Excellent feedback and information. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts