GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the very knowledgeable engineers \ Volt owners with drivetrain knowledge know if its OK to drive on Low + Sport when running on gas?

Low + Sport is awesome :D, it feels like a completely different car, my wife has a fancy (to me) 6 cylinder 280+ HP Lexus ES and the Volt feels just as powerful and much more fun even on highway, I'm more and more finding myself driving on sport + LOW mode, normal mode the car feels reluctant in comparison. I also find that my MPG \ Range is not affected as much, trade off is definitely worth it.

Reason i bring up this question is because when driving on gas there is that point where you feel the electric motor hand over traction power to the gas engine via some sort of clutch, I'm wondering if the combination adds additional stress to the drivetrain \ transaxle components

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies all, good to know I'm not shortening or stressing the tranny.

Over the past few weeks I've been logging my miles per charge and I averaged
on Normal+D 36-39
on Normal+L 35-40
on Sport+L 32-35

(almost same weather, commute route, no HVAC use)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.