GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering that driving is going to be much less expensive with the Volt, do you see yourself driving short distances that you might normally walk or bike? Personally, I'd feel a lot less guilty driving 2 miles if it only used 1/2 a kwh, which costs a couple cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
at the price id probably be more careless about how much I drive. I wouldn't turn off the car while I wait for my gf to get out of school burning up in the heat just save a little gas.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't feel guilty of driving a short distances. I just don't drive as much as I use to. I also change my driving behavor casue of the gas price. I use to drive heavy on the gas. I would like to get back into a flat lead foot once I get an electirc car. I hate gas price telling me how I should drive the car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I hope that people truely start to conserve more energy. Just because it might cost you a few cents and save you a bit of time the energy still needs to be produced which has an effect on the environment. More importantly, walking or riding a bike a few blocks to get the mail or grab some milk or whatever doesn't only save energy but it is good for the body. Whatever happened to the "Battle of the Bulge?" I remember that being all over the media and press until it was pushed to the side by "Global Warming/Global Climate Change."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts