GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had the FOB programming issue wherein their windows all would roll down (remote FOB nowhere near anyone to accidentally press) and ALSO had an issue where their drivers window would not roll up? Just had the former problem, so wondering if they are related or I need to order the very rarely ordered motor/regulator for the window. Hey maybe its the switch or the fqct that windiw tinting guys were working on the window when window stopped rolling up?
In any case, I have 2 young kids and can't be driving around in wets coast weather nor do I want to pay 150-300$ for a diagnosis and 20 minute feature disablement...

Thanks for your insights...
Kiki

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had the FOB programming issue wherein their windows all would roll down (remote FOB nowhere near anyone to accidentally press) and ALSO had an issue where their drivers window would not roll up? Just had the former problem, so wondering if they are related or I need to order the very rarely ordered motor/regulator for the window. Hey maybe its the switch or the fqct that windiw tinting guys were working on the window when window stopped rolling up?
In any case, I have 2 young kids and can't be driving around in wets coast weather nor do I want to pay 150-300$ for a diagnosis and 20 minute feature disablement...

Thanks for your insights...
Kiki
It could be a sticking button on the key fob. What about the second key fob, can you account for that fob not being touched?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I don't think there is anything about the FOB or any programming that could make just one window refuse to go up. I think those are separate issues. I also don't see how the tinting job would break it. They probably lowered and raised the window as part of the job, but that is not abusive. One possible cause, as you mentioned, is the switch wearing out or getting gummed up. Try pulling up real hard on the switch to see if that causes it to make contact and move the window.

If you want to try a DIY, you could remove the door panel and try shorting the switch to see if that moves the window. Also make sure all connectors are clean inside and tightly joined. After that suspect the regulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts