GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever replaced the driver side wiper blade?

I went to AutoZone and all the blades listed in their book and computers didn't fit in the driver side

There is a tab that doesn't allow it to pop in, the passenger side is mirrored and there blades fit (very snugly almost too tight) on that side but not the drivers side

Before I order any on Rock Auto or Amazon I want to make sure I get the right parts

I saw that somebody on here found a refill that works on OEM wipers but not sure if the car has the OEM ones

Thanks

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
They can be handed. I got two Michelin wiper blades at Costco for $10 Cdn each. One fit on the driver's side but the second wouldn't fit on the passenger side. I ordered a passenger side one from Chevy dealer discounted for $3? Cdn. The OEM has better rubber than the Michelin as it wipes better, quieter as if the rubber is softer. You can't tell by feeling or observation.

Some on had a link here to generic refills but not doing a side by side comparison, can't tell the quality. There is a wide variety of rubber out there and the "cheaper" ones won't last as long, work as quietly, wipe as well. It used to be you could by refills of a known good brand and get a good wiper but refills are hard to get these days from the regular suppliers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can be handed. I got two Michelin wiper blades at Costco for $10 Cdn each. One fit on the driver's side but the second wouldn't fit on the passenger side. I ordered a passenger side one from Chevy dealer discounted for $3? Cdn. The OEM has better rubber than the Michelin as it wipes better, quieter as if the rubber is softer. You can't tell by feeling or observation.

Some on had a link here to generic refills but not doing a side by side comparison, can't tell the quality. There is a wide variety of rubber out there and the "cheaper" ones won't last as long, work as quietly, wipe as well. It used to be you could by refills of a known good brand and get a good wiper but refills are hard to get these days from the regular suppliers.
Thanks for the information.

Interesting that the Michelin ones fit the driver side, and the Autozone ones (Cant remember the brand Bosch probably) fit the passenger side haha

I am looked online for the OE part number and I'm going to see if can find them for a good price.

FYI
Driver – 65 cm (25.6 in) 22742323 — Passenger – 65 cm (25.6 in) 22742324

·
Administrator
20,231 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
53 Posts
For my 2016 I bought from Advance Auto a pair of the Bosch 26OE. Had to remove the plastic clip that came attached to the blade and it fit with no issues

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever replaced the driver side wiper blade?

I went to AutoZone and all the blades listed in their book and computers didn't fit in the driver side

There is a tab that doesn't allow it to pop in, the passenger side is mirrored and there blades fit (very snugly almost too tight) on that side but not the drivers side

Before I order any on Rock Auto or Amazon I want to make sure I get the right parts

I saw that somebody on here found a refill that works on OEM wipers but not sure if the car has the OEM ones

Thanks
Strange. I'm having the exact same problem, but my car is a 2017 and I'm trying to replace with the new GM OEM blades???

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Strange. I'm having the exact same problem, but my car is a 2017 and I'm trying to replace with the new GM OEM blades???
There is one GM part number for the driver's side blade, and a different GM part number for the passenger side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts