GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just noticed the on the Driver Side Rear View Mirror, the turn signal bulb and charge status bulb not are not working. Anybody else had any experience with this or how to fix???? Under bulb replacement the manual says "if bulb not listed, see dealer. Round trip is two ferry rides and 110 miles of driving. Help!!!! lol

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
If it's like the Gen 1 Volt, it's an LED.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I believe it's called a signal lamp, $100 Cdn. Check US GM parts websites for US price. Before spending that kind of money I would make sure the wiring/connection supplying electricity to it is not corroded. It would involve taking it apart and spraying electrical contact cleaner into both sides and connecting reconnecting a few times or brushing with some stiff bristled small brush to make sure the connection is clean. It won't take much as we are dealing with low voltages and currents. How you access this is another story the would involve Google and YouTube searches and as a last resort OEM manuals.manuals

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I would check for a blown fuse. Start in the left dash fuse panel. These are LED's, and don't normally just blow out like incandescent bulbs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the good ideas. The left side signal lamp is now, mysteriously working!! For charging status and turn signal - yesl!! We had to take the 12-volt battery out and have it charged (long story). I did read in the manual if you have to do that you may have to make several trips before emissions will pass. Seems like other things that did not work at first are starting to work from messages in the DIC. This car has a mind of its own!! (we treat it real nice)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Disconnecting 12V battery can reset different anomalies. It might be because it's getting near the end of it's life which can vary quite a bit depending on environment and the particular battery itself. Mine was 6+ years and measuring it three times over 7 months it was 12.3, 12.2, 11.98 back to 12.2 just before replacement. Replacing (part of which is resetting of systems) battery I regained lost compass and door unlocking with door button (except drivers door, suspect mechanical issue). If you are experiencing odd issues (no codes) I would try a battery reset. If they come back and you are anywhere near replacement time (3.5 to 7+ years I've read), replace battery even if you are getting the 12+ Volts because at some point when you need it, it might not be there (even if it's only a temporary situation).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naturally, it quit again!! Will not show charging status, etc. Thanks FI. Interesting. I'll check voltage on mine. Think it is now around 4 years old. Good point about needing it and then you don't have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts