GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ampera 29.000km and a have this noise apparently from my driver wheel when I drive on small bumps especially on bad concrete road or paved streets.From service they told me everything is fine and the noise comming from caliper and I have to get use to it because they can't do nothing.:mad:.
Friday I have another road test because my car is almost new and I don't accept the term "Get use to it" but until then I wonder if anybody experience this noise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I would bring it somewhere else to have it checked out.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
same advice from me. It's amazing how many places are afraid of the Volt

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is it a scraping or banging?

·
Registered
520 Posts
It could be something as simple as a small stone lodged between the rotor and its splash shield.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Could you describe the ruckus? What conditions is it happening under, speed bumps or just anything in the road, during braking? Are you sure it's coming from the caliper? Usually metallic noises from the brakes are worn down pads.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Not sure, but this bit of information might help:

While I was there if I were you I would have looked at possibly getting the aftermarket brake repair kits with the quiet clip hardware for the pads since they are only like $10 for both sets of brakes (either rear or front).

While I was there investigating the brakes on my Volt sounding like a mouse with intermittent squeaking (really irritating when driving silently), threw in aftermarket Carlson brake repair kit including the rubberized coating on the clips for the pads not found on the GM OEM clips. Anyways, installing the repair kit hardware along with re-greasing of the bolt hardware took care of this occasional noise that was bugging me. My pads and rotors were also in good shape after 40,000 miles so there are many more miles to be had prior to swapping either of those!;)

Part No. H5852Q Quiet clip repair kit for Volt rear brakes only 1 each required since has the boots/clips for 2 calipers...

Part No. H5851Q is for the larger front brakes again enough for 2 brakes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts