GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something happened to today that I've never seen before. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it. At a stop light I hit the brakes kind of hard and the driver-side door unlocked. Then it started a regular clicking like it was trying to lock again. but couldn't. I can see how unlocking the door would be useful in an accident to allow someone trying to render aid to open the door from the outside. Is this an actual feature or just a malfunction of the locks? I think the rest of the doors stayed locked. I have a 2013 Volt.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
No idea, but thanks for including your model year. Sometimes it makes a difference, plus eliminates the "what year?" responses.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Something happened to today that I've never seen before. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it. At a stop light I hit the brakes kind of hard and the driver-side door unlocked. Then it started a regular clicking like it was trying to lock again. but couldn't. I can see how unlocking the door would be useful in an accident to allow someone trying to render aid to open the door from the outside. Is this an actual feature or just a malfunction of the locks? I think the rest of the doors stayed locked. I have a 2013 Volt.
It is not normal to unlock under a hard stop...see your dealer...something is amiss

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts