GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past couple of weeks I have noticed that, in my 2016, the driver is unable to control the three other windows (it worked fine in February when I bought). Each passenger is able to control their own door. The child-lock feature is not the issue. I brought it to my dealer who checked the wiring harness and found nothing wrong. He is replacing the wiring harness and a control module under the dash (instructed to do so by GM). Does anyone have a similar experience? Are we overlooking anything?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It sounds like the dealer should have already checked it, but I would inspect the wiring connection near the hinge on the driver's door. Make sure it is fully inserted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call Barry. The window lock switch light does not go on, nor do the left and right mirror switch lights and the mirrors don't move. I will mention this when I am getting the repair. Hard to believe this was overlooked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are not going to believe this but I was able to fix it myself. I had removed the Fuse that enables the "engine noise" to enjoy the quiet and did not notice that this also had an impact on the driver side door electronics. When I put it back today, the switch lights all work, as do the side mirrors, and the passenger windows can now be controlled by the driver. Who'd a thunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i just checked my car which i had previously pulled the pedestrian fuse. all of my windows and mirror switches are still in working order. Is this something that occurred right after you pulled the fuse or it showed up months/weeks after pulling the fuse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i just checked my car which i had previously pulled the pedestrian fuse. all of my windows and mirror switches are still in working order. Is this something that occurred right after you pulled the fuse or it showed up months/weeks after pulling the fuse?
When I first pulled it, I did not notice the effect for a week or two or perhaps overlooked it. This morning I went to the car, started it, tested that the controls were working, turned it off, pulled the fuse, started it again, and the controls were not working. I turned it off, inserted the fuse again, started the car, and the controls were working. I am hoping that someone with greater insight into the wiring of the Volt can see some relationship.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You are not going to believe this but I was able to fix it myself. I had removed the Fuse that enables the "engine noise" to enjoy the quiet and did not notice that this also had an impact on the driver side door electronics. When I put it back today, the switch lights all work, as do the side mirrors, and the passenger windows can now be controlled by the driver. Who'd a thunk?
Thanks for follow up. Good info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm. My fuse has been out for over a month. A change from MY 2016 to 2017 in the wiring. Does anyone else with a MY 2017 experience the behavior of the OP?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I may have pulled the wrong fuse. Sorry to confuse everyone. I took the manual to the fuse box and in order to match it up, I had to turn the manual upside down. I then pulled the true F5 and did not notice any change in sound (the car makes so many other subtle sounds it's hard to call it silent). So I put it back and decided to forget the whole thing. My apologies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.