GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a silly question, but here goes... I was cleaning my new-ish (now 2 months and 6,000 miles old!) ELR, and I noticed that the OBD2 port does not have a cover on it. In fact, it kind of looks like it's missing a little bit of dash trim in that area, too.

See the attachment, which may or may not show up sideways...

Do you guys (and gals) have a trim piece here, or at least an OBD2 port cover?

--Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine looks just like that. Doesnt look like there is a spot to snap or screw a cover on either, but i didnt spend too much time looking

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Of all my GM vehicles that have OBD, only my 1984 Oldmobile Ciera LS had a cover, but it was for OBD I (one) and it was smaller. My 1995 Buick Regal also had OBD I but no cover. My 2009 Chevy Equinox has OBD II and no cover.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Mine is the same. Except more in focus. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My 2016 is also exposed. First I've ever noticed it. The pics here make it look like an eyesore, but really it's generally not visible.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
The pics here make it look like an eyesore, but really it's generally not visible.
Agreed. The pic was taken with the camera at seat level. When looking down on the port from a seated position, it is hidden by the lower dash panel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is the same. Except more in focus. :)
And right-side up!

Yes, it's not obvious that it's there unless you're looking at it straight-on, but the exposed wire look and port look very...unfinished, and not what I'm used to seeing in this car. My wife's Pontiac Vibe has a nice cover over its port, and my 12-year Jetta's port isn't visible unless your head is in the footwell.

--Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts