GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would create a dedicated thread as I cannot seem to find one on this topic. Does the Volt have Bluetooth audio streaming? I found a section in the 2012 Owners Manual that reads:

"A Bluetooth phone with MP3 capability cannot be paired to the vehicle as a phone and an MP3 player at the same time."

Does this mean I can pair an iPhone or an iPod touch and stream MP3 via Bluetooth? I am confused.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Up to this point you can't pair it for A2DP. It will pair as a phone. The 2012 model officially offers MyLink which support A2DP but this feature has not made it onto any production cars yet and there is no good information that I've seen that indicates accurately when it will. Many people have shared various dates but I've not seen anything firm from GM except "late in the model year" or something like that.

Since the Volt has auxillary audio input you can use one of many audio gateways that will pair over Bluetooth. As suggested in other posts here the Blackberry Remote Bluetooth gateway works well, is tiny and doesnt' require any intervention by the user once paired. They are available on Ebay and I just used a 6 inch USB cable to power it in the console and plugged it into the audio connector.

My Samsung focus Windows Phone 7 works great with it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up to this point you can't pair it for A2DP. It will pair as a phone. The 2012 model officially offers MyLink which support A2DP but this feature has not made it onto any production cars yet and there is no good information that I've seen that indicates accurately when it will. Many people have shared various dates but I've not seen anything firm from GM except "late in the model year" or something like that.

Since the Volt has auxillary audio input you can use one of many audio gateways that will pair over Bluetooth. As suggested in other posts here the Blackberry Remote Bluetooth gateway works well, is tiny and doesnt' require any intervention by the user once paired. They are available on Ebay and I just used a 6 inch USB cable to power it in the console and plugged it into the audio connector.

My Samsung focus Windows Phone 7 works great with it.
Thanks for clearing this up pauldon. This now makes sense to me.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I just got some short USB cables. Here is a photo of the Blackberry Gateway.

Bluetooth.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts