GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Gen1 and Gen2 Volts share any parts other than a badge?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Possibly gas cap, coolant caps?

·
Administrator
21,210 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
they're both backed by <bad> chev. service.
Should be "uneven" chev. service. My non local Chev dealer tries very hard (to the best of their ability). My local chev dealer seems good, was going to get Volt service but now never will. Maybe next iteration of GM EV's.

Uneven service keeps my neighbour employed. He goes around the world bringing dealerships up to standard and more profitable. Last I talked to him, he just got back from Australia doing some dealerships for BMW so it's not only GM. Unfortunately there is only one of him. Saw a problem and offered a solution.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it seems almost like GM took everything about the Gen1 Volt, and threw it out the window when designing the Gen2. They wanted to start with a clean slate? The battery is similar, but still quite different.

·
Registered
188 Posts
They redid everything because the Gen 1 was over designed and too expensive to build. Gen 2 is a cost reduced version of Voltec drivetrain. Unfortunately the Gen 2 looks like a Cruze with a battery- which is why they don't sell and why the Volt was axed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I was able to transfer my Gen 1 "official" Volt weather mat for the hatch area to the Gen 2. That's about it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cargo cover and cargo net carried over. :)

In a lot of ways I like the Gen2, but I find it no where near as "Sporty" feeling as the Gen1. (yes, yes, it was still a 4 door sedan, but the Gen1 was a lot more 'fun to drive,' and the Gen 2 a lot more 'how I get places.')

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think the key fobs and the floor mats are the same.
I had a 2012, 2014, and now a 2019. The 2019's fobs are different from the gen 1's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.