GM Volt Forum banner

DO NOT START AFTER FAULT CODE - > P0AFA - P1FFF !!! Solved!!!

599 8
Hello friends. My car also had two fault codes and although I replaced 2 parts it still does not work.
The battery cells have been checked and nothing strange seems to be at all.
I've read an update related post in this forum. Can anyone help me if anyone has encountered and solved these fault codes before?

Thanks for the help.
Computer Personal computer Font Operating system Rectangle
Font Electric blue Gadget Display device Rectangle
Computer Personal computer Peripheral Computer monitor Product
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Std w Nav
5,225 Posts
The P0AFA code is usually triggered by a cell group in the main battery getting below 2.05V. There is a special programming process called in English "Clear Secured High-Voltage DTCs" after fixing any other DTC conditions that may exist. Once that programming step is run, the main battery will be re-enabled, and you have a functional car and the exciting challenge of never letting that weak cell group get below 2.05V ever again. (Mountain Mode instead of letting the battery run down to 0 miles, not shutting the car off while the engine is spinning and charging the battery, making sure to keep the battery charged whenever the car is just sitting will all help.)

·
Super Moderator
2012 Std w Nav
5,225 Posts
I have no idea what P1FFF is referring to. It's not in my manual. From the picture showing and a little guessing, I think it's just telling you that the main contactor/relay will stay open/off until the P0AFA (the "secured high voltage DTC" in my earlier post) is cleared by the special programming process. You'll need either a GM MDI-2 (Multiple Diagnostic Interface) or a device that works like one (VCXNano for GM) and access to the programming tools (often through a subscription service like TIS2Web or GMSI). There are not-very-expensive subscriptions available for a single vehicle for a short period of time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what P1FFF is referring to. It's not in my manual. From the picture showing and a little guessing, I think it's just telling you that the main contactor/relay will stay open/off until the P0AFA (the "secured high voltage DTC" in my earlier post) is cleared by the special programming process. You'll need either a GM MDI-2 (Multiple Diagnostic Interface) or a device that works like one (VXNano for GM) and access to the programming tools (often through a subscription service like TIS2Web or GMSI). There are not-very-expensive subscriptions available for a single vehicle for a short period of time.
I don't know how to proceed with programming. Can you help me if I get the device?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts