GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello......Actually you can move a couch with MY2015 volt. Even with the CG outside the back lower edge of the hatchback. Two tie downs to tension the couch against the front seats. And rope to cinch down the hatch against the couch to minmize any upward motions due to the CG not being in the car. This minimizes the stress in the hinges that someone was concerned about in a earlier thread.

I only had to drive 2 miles, and could not pass up a $100 leather couch.

I admit I was a bit concerned rolling over the railroad tracks. But it stayed tight under tension.

The VOLT Can

http://gm-volt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111090&d=1463863523&thumb=1&stc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Nice. Did you hang red flags on the couch? Anything sticking out more than 2 feet has to have flags. Looks like you're over 2 feet there. ;)

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts
Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It looks so ridiculous, that one would assume photoshop.
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Seems like a lot of trouble just to increase the passenger room in the backseats.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Seems like a lot of trouble just to increase the passenger room in the backseats.
A different view than the 3rd row of a Tesla.... and more ventilation :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ready for Uber ;-)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello ....Have not seen a red flag down here in South FL for a long long time. Home of the hanging chads that get presidents elected. Saw more red flags when living in Virginia.

The couch is as far in as it can go, before hitting the top back lip of the hatch back frame. About 45-47" of length in the car the rest out. With the passenger seats down.

Nice. Did you hang red flags on the couch? Anything sticking out more than 2 feet has to have flags. Looks like you're over 2 feet there. ;)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Just don't try to top your effort with a lumber run...:)

I used to read old VW newsgroups, there was one story about a guy that lived up a logging road. He claimed he built a house by carrying everything needed on an old Baja Bug with a roof rack. Details like resetting the rear torsion bars to carry the extra weight rang true, even the part about having to use chains to keep the car from popping up too high when unloaded. (Still must have been pretty stiff empty!)

Too bad there was no pics allowed in "discussion groups"...

·
Registered
13,557 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Who says a Volt can't seat seven?!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I used to read old VW newsgroups, there was one story about a guy that lived up a logging road. He claimed he built a house by carrying everything needed on an old Baja Bug with a roof rack.
They scoffed when I pulled my VW Rabbit up to the loading dock to pick up my 11-piece dinette set. Believe it or not, there are 8 (eight!) chars and two table leaves in the back, and my wife even fit in the passenger seat!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I picked up a 3/0 6/8 prehung exterior door in my old honda insight. no prob. make me laugh when I see all these Yukon XL's driving around driven by a little wife and a kid in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
I picked up a 3/0 6/8 prehung exterior door in my old honda insight. no prob. make me laugh when I see all these Yukon XL's driving around driven by a little wife and a kid in the passenger seat.
It's not the size of the cargo, but the desire to put as much armor around that precious cargo that is why people buy Subyukonades. I was guilty of that with my older daughter. Ironically, the suburban I own is probably more likely to rollover or slide into another vehicle because when you tap the brakes on snowy, icy roads, the antilock brakes (affectionately called anti brake locks) are always engaging because of the vehicle weight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts