GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
The TPMS error will be non-stop until it's resolved. Either carry all four OEM wheels in the car (tricking the car), or add TPMS to the winter wheels (what I did), or live with the non-stop TPMS error.
No! My 2012 Ampera has winter tires without tpms and it only gives one message about not finding the sensors and that's it. Might be different in the USA due to regulations (and possibly with later models), but this my experience after one winter with a German bought 2012 car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is that from actual experience trying?

Does it actually beep, or just show the error symbol? I think some of these systems will recognise there are no sensors present at all and that therefore winter tyres may be fitted so come up with a different message 'winter tyres fitted'.
This is what my Ampera does.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yes, mine does this too.

I didn't believe what people were saying here, so I did it anyway, and it did what I thought it would do which is simply to give a 'winter tyre' message. It gives it for about the first 20 times on start up, and then it doesn't bother giving the message at all. You just get dashes for tyre pressures.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts