GM Volt Forum banner

Do heated seats light up when using Auto seat mode?

3729 4
When hitting auto heated seats and auto temp control, are the heated seat lights supposed to light up?

MrEnergyCzar
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

5,595 Posts
Yes, when you are using Auto heated seats, the heated seat lights will illuminate to show what level of heating is being done, if any. If it's not cold enough in the car, you won't see any lights since the seat(s) won't be turned on. The passenger seat will also only turn on in auto heated seat mode when a passenger is present.

· Registered
22 Posts
I have only seen mine activate once or twice so far, and the lights do turn on (if the car is fully on- not during a remote start). It seems to start auto-selecting on the low setting when I get in the car and the cabin temperature is around 45 F. The lights on the seat heater button do a little dance before arriving on the setting like it's letting you know that it's thinking about how much heat to give you. It does NOT do that same dance under the same conditions and settings if the cabin is warmer than this.

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts
Of course you can manually hit the seat warmers to turn off auto and set them to 'always on', 'sometimes on', 'even less on' but they are like 15-40 watts so use them!

I noticed if I have the seats on 'auto heat' and adjust the comfort or fan speed that the auto seat setting adjust accordingly (comfort, lower auto seat setting, eco & low/off fan, then higher auto seat seating).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.