1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://eogld.cloud.gm.com/

Updates for Volt

Week of 6/6/2016

Effective 6/6/2016, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Color and Trim section-(GA1) Citron Green Metallic, updated footnote 4 to now read "No longer available to order. Promotional color. Limited availability."
Color and Trim section-Added exterior color (GMU) Pepperdust Metallic WA-441B. It is "A" with (H83) Jet Black/Brandy and (H1T/H0Y) Jet Black/Jet Black interiors.

FYI...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow, that citron green metallic has been a very short run!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Great, so now we have another gray color. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Red, Blue, or many shades of grey.(Black and White are shades of Grey, aren't they?)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
What is the process for determining what colors to offer for a vehicle? Some secret "focus group" studies or what? Has GM deemed that Volt buyers are a bunch of boring nerds, and just offer conservative color choices?

One of the reasons I decided to pull the trigger on my Spark EV lease was due to the lime green color. It definitely sticks out in a world of 50 shades of grey.

I'm really hoping GM offers the burnt orange color we've seen the Bolt dressed up in.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
IMHO, Gen II needs a flashy paint job to pop or else it's too much like a Cruze. I have seen one in black (blah) and kinetic blue (much better). Apologies to fans of black.

What with all the Volts sold in warm sunny climes I surprised there isn't a lighter interior option.

·
Registered
948 Posts
IMHO, Gen II needs a flashy paint job to pop or else it's too much like a Cruze. I have seen one in black (blah) and kinetic blue (much better). Apologies to fans of black.
This is the color green that my wife was hoping they would have offered - or a darker Hunter Green...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
This is the color green that my wife was hoping they would have offered - or a darker Hunter Green...

I like my Spark EV's color....not quite that Camaro green, but close. Makes finding my Spark a pretty easy task in a huge parking lot, even though it's tiny!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

My current ride is Rainforest Green Metallic and it's spectacular in sunshine. Has the lighter color interior which is a good compromise between not hot and not showing dirt.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Low volume = less choice. Same thing with options. Manufacturer can't take a chance of having only 50 cars in the entire country with the least popular color.
All these greys seem to be the public's popular colors. Go by a MB or BMW dealer. Same colors.

The citron green color was tied to a movie promotion. By the time the color and cars were available the movie was long gone. Not easy being in the marketing biz.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Low volume = less choice. Same thing with options. Manufacturer can't take a chance of having only 50 cars in the entire country with the least popular color.
All these greys seem to be the public's popular colors. Go by a MB or BMW dealer. Same colors.

The citron green color was tied to a movie promotion. By the time the color and cars were available the movie was long gone. Not easy being in the marketing biz.
Didn't help the movie was a complete flop, I'm thinking.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Come on GM, you have some very nice colors available how about using a few on the Volt? I agree the Orange from the Bolt would be a good start.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts