GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield stays on task with "What Do Consumers Really Think Of Electric Cars? We Find Out":

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1072392_what-do-consumers-really-think-of-electric-cars-we-find-out

"A shocking 42 percent of respondents expressed the concern that electric cars posed a real fire risk to their homes while charging"

G.M. and Nissan should jointly fund a superpac to launch a direct, frontal attack on the charlatans at Fox as well as, Rush Limbaugh for poisoning the public's understanding of electric vehicles. No words should be minced in pointing out the fact that they are unpatriotic liars. It is a pity that these despicable people are not being held accountable for their irresponsible actions.

James

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I would contribute!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Me too! But I don't think we need a super PAC, lets just create an ad and buy some air time. I have a RED Epic digital cinema camera, lots of gear and a film crew... oh and a 2012 Red Volt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We have two Reds actually, RED ONE #63 and Epic-X #63.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Actually you still have time. Chevrolet wants short films, no longer than 60 seconds, which gives your interpretation of 'range anxiety'.
http://mofilm.in/competitions/barcelona2012/chevrolet.html
I have a good concept... for a commercial.

Fade up. Family loading luggage into the volt. (Apparently going on vacation.)

Cut to interior... father looking at the kids in the back seat. and says: Ok... Are we ready? Kids scream... Yaaaay! Lets go!

Cut to car driving away.

Now we see the car cruising down a highway. Cut to close up of battery display approaching zero. Father looks at mother anxiously... Father says: Uh Oh. Looks back at mother and winks. Kids look at each other and back at the battery display nervously.

Father says: Here it comes. Wait for it. Wait for it...

Cut to animation on driver display of battery display changing to ICE mode. Now we see the full tank of gas display. Everyone cheers. Music swells... Car drives off into the sunset.

Narrator says... The Chevy Volt Extended Range Hybrid... Because sometimes the road to adventure is more than 40 miles long. Chevy Runs deep.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly perfect :) Now if only someone at Chevrolet's ad agency was paying attention.

I have a good concept... for a commercial.

Fade up. Family loading luggage into the volt. (Apparently going on vacation.)

Cut to interior... father looking at the kids in the back seat. and says: Ok... Are we ready? Kids scream... Yaaaay! Lets go!

Cut to car driving away.

Now we see the car cruising down a highway. Cut to close up of battery display approaching zero. Father looks at mother anxiously... Father says: Uh Oh. Looks back at mother and winks. Kids look at each other and back at the battery display nervously.

Father says: Here it comes. Wait for it. Wait for it...

Cut to animation on driver display of battery display changing to ICE mode. Now we see the full tank of gas display. Everyone cheers. Music swells... Car drives off into the sunset.

Narrator says... The Chevy Volt Extended Range Hybrid... Because sometimes the road to adventure is more than 40 miles long. Chevy Runs deep.

Last edited by Fulgerite; 5 Hours Ago at 03:23 AM.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
you missed the contest!!! some really good amateur commercials (well look pretty professional to me). Wow! some really good ones. - including the Volt one.
http://chevroletroute66.msn.com/#/
Nothing plays for me at that site, tired firefox and Internet explorer, box pops up but movies never display or start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts