GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removing safety lock

How can I remove the safety lock, which will not allow the vehicle to charge while driving. I am modifying the car and need it removed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What is the best way to disconnect the generator in order to connect my own portable charging system

·
Registered
151 Posts
Go away troll....
What is the best way to disconnect the generator in order to connect my own portable charging system

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same troll. Anybody got any troll repellant?
How can I remove the safety lock, which will not allow the vehicle to charge while driving. I am modifying the car and need it removed.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
Look at the OP's other post, it's just as interesting.

Sippy, what exactly are you thinking of doing? Please be very, very specific.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
Sippy, you are this close to being banned. My finger is on the button so to speak.

So what exactly are you thinking of doing? Please be very, very specific.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Don't need to disconnect the generator. Just plug an inverter into the cigarette adapter then plug your charging cable into the inverter and the other end into the car, then perpetual power.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Look at the OP's other post, it's just as interesting.

Sippy, what exactly are you thinking of doing? Please be very, very specific.
Either he's trying to do something very clever or very stupid.

Or he's just trolling. Fact the he hasn't responded suggests to me just trolling.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
Fool, genius, or just a troll?

Doesn't know about hold mode?
My thoughts as well.

Guys, please let me know if Sippy doesn't answer within 24 hrs, or the answer is more of the same.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
Sippy is offline. If he doesn't respond in 24 hrs, or responds with more of the same please let me know.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I disconnect the two-wire cable clip from the back of the generator, and leave the 12V cable attached to the bolt. I am writing about my Buick Regal. Is that what you ned?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
All joking aside, don't get yourself killed poking around in there. That big battery under the floor tunnel will kill you faster than you can say...... OOPS!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You're going to throw the dreaded P00f code.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts