GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'd think I'd remember by now, but is there any way to disable the alarm that goes off if you remove the plug when the car is locked? I do this about once a week and am waking up the neighbors. My EVSE is secured in a locked electrical box, so I'm not concerned about theft, and nobody but me has set it off to date.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
You'd think I'd remember by now, but is there any way to disable the alarm that goes off if you remove the plug when the car is locked? I do this about once a week and am waking up the neighbors. My EVSE is secured in a locked electrical box, so I'm not concerned about theft, and nobody but me has set it off to date.
Yes, see your Owner's Manual page 143 - Charge Cord Theft Alert, select Off or On. Start on the Main Infotainment screen Under Settings > Vehicle Settings > Energy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Main Infotainment screen Under Settings > Vehicle Settings > Energy
Hey, thanks mjones21 for asking this, and jcanoe for answering it! I went out to my car and did this right now. When it happens it is embarassing, I didn't think there was a way to disable it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks mjones21 for asking this, and jcanoe for answering it! I went out to my car and did this right now. When it happens it is embarassing, I didn't think there was a way to disable it.
Yeah, thank you jcanoe for your help. I initially thought it was a great feature, and in the city I could still see the use for it, but it's really embarassing, especially if you're just trying to temporarily disconnect the cable and don't have your keys on you and have to run frantically through the house to find them.

Could also be bad if using it at a free public charger and someone else disconnects it when you're charge is complete to use on their car. Especially with the Volt as a PHEV, major breach of EV etiquette.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts