GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Volt looks anything like the concept does now the people running GM are crazy
The Windows are weird
and the front is too round
yeah i know the front is all for aerodynamics
id rather buy a car that get 45mpg and looks nice than and car that gets 50mpg and looks like a turd
the prisus is UGLY :mad:
weird old people with no friends or family drive them
The back can drop off a little but do it with style
I know those designers have a better look than that
The design looks forgein almost Japaness
and if ur gonna make it round try to make it a little more sharp
like put hood scoops on it or something
PLZ GM dont go threw with this!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Everything old is new again.

If the Volt looks anything like the concept does now the people running GM are crazy
The Windows are weird ... the front is too round
yeah i know the front is all for aerodynamics...
The Volt as original concept has no aerodynamics whatsoever, especially in the front.
Heres the thing, you can maximize aerodynamics to get the lowest drag coefficient while still making it look wicked bad.
Streamlining is'nt new at all, its actually quite old. Look at falcons, hawks, & owls. Do they look ugly?
It just takes a little vision, all we can do is wait and see.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
id rather buy a car that get 45mpg and looks nice than and car that gets 50mpg and looks like a turd
the prisus is UGLY :mad:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you know. . . :)

weird old people with no friends or family drive them
I don't have a Prius (note the correct spelling) yet, but I don't mind the way it looks at all. Does that make me (and thousands of others) weird, old, or friendless? I think not.

I like the ideas behind the Volt. I like the ideas behind the Prius. Are they perfect? Of course not. But it's a good start to get us out of 18mpg hogs, and cut the flow of money to our "good friends" like the Saudis and other Middle-Eastern oil suppliers.

Maybe the desire for function over form comes with maturity, but I don't care much how a car looks if it is engineered well, built well, and meets my requirements.

·
Banned
597 Posts
The Volt as original concept has no aerodynamics whatsoever, especially in the front.
Heres the thing, you can maximize aerodynamics to get the lowest drag coefficient while still making it look wicked bad.
Streamlining is'nt new at all, its actually quite old. Look at falcons, hawks, & owls. Do they look ugly?
It just takes a little vision, all we can do is wait and see.
When I saw the original concept, I thought it looked like a Cadillac CTS. I assumed they borrowed it as a short cut. Personally, I think it is one of the ugliest designs since the Pontiac Aztec.

I own a Prius and I think it is a masterpiece of design. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I look at the Prius I think new and progressive. When I look at something that looks like an old Cadillac gas hog it makes me want to puke.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Make it Work

GM made its money and its reputation"stylish" autos. And always put advertising and the stockholders first. Honda started with a one cylinder motorcycle and a two cylinder car. Now look at them. Have you ever heard a word about Honda's styling or its commitment to its stockholders ? I always heard about their engineers and their formula 1 Race Team. The point of all this is the styling doesn't mean jack. It has to work, and work well. To hell with the style. You are living in a dead world if you buy on style over engineering. Try an Oldsmobile. If you are a college student, I would consider studying the works rather than the shake before I opined on style. Finish the books kid. Work on re-inventing the American transportation system. Throw the old book in the pile on the way out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Comfortable drivers seat.

Again I don't care what it looks like. Give me a comfortable drivers seat. Have it seat four, and room for a couple large duffle bags and a small cooler and I will buy it.

Rims- don't care. Side mirrors, do they work? Headlights, do they work? The grill--- Oh Please stop!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts