GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Default Dent on the new Chevy vehicle (LEASED vehicle)

First of all, thanks for reading and I thought I will reach out the members for their advice.

Yesterday night I had parked vehicle on street (I am in NJ) and today morning I saw dent (see pictures attached). Someone hit the vehicle front while pulling out their vehicle I guess. I called police explaining hit-and-run and they said they can give police report if insurance wants it.

I want to know how to approach this as the vehicle is on lease.

a) If I call insurance, I will mention hit & run. After I pay deductible they will probably take care of repair. But I guess it will increase insurance rates and also will it go on carfax? and when I goto return vehicle in Dec 2017, will Dealer say anything because they see on carfax? Also how are the chances of it going on carfax and is there way to avoid if I go through insurance.

b) The dealer had given me a voucher saying first dent removal is free but I will check that.. and if they care of it completely it is great but I am not counting on this so far.

c) I also searched on craiglist for auto-services and found a person doing PaintLess Dent removal (PDR). I am little bit skeptical on this as I am not sure. Any one has thoughts if these people fix correctly or will they mess up further. I was quoted $200 to take care of this and they do it at my place.

d) If I don't do anything and take it as is in Dec 2017, how much will I be penalized ?

e) Lastly please advise me (looking at pictures), how severe is the damage.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Paint less is legit, but I don't know if they can do that dent. Maybe. If they can and its $200, that is your best bet. I would try it. The paint is going to need some buffing at least, but it might work.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've used ding removal but I doubt they can do something that big. It's probably 1000 bucks for a new fender and paint. With the 500 deductible on insurance you are out 500 bucks. Drive a banged up car for 18 months and the bank will charge you 1000 bucks to fix their car. All insurance companies jack your rates accidents or not. Shop around for insurance when they hit you with a big increase.

It's a shame people don't respect other peoples property.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I doubt PDR would work in this case; they might pull out the dent but I don't think they can remove the crease in the sheet metal. Still, it's worthwhile to get an opinion from them first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies.. I am thinking not to go through insurance. I will check PDR but my question is once PDR is done , do they look like as if there was no dent at all?

I am also thinking of going as is to dealer around 20th month and then see what they say?

Any other suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts