GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous chat session had the rep tell me that my vehicle had already been delivered to the dealer on 10/28.
As soon as I found that out, I called my dealer who told me that they didn't have my vehicle. Several "Click to Chat" sessions later, I was finally able to extract from them that my vehicle had shipped on 10/19.

I've been reading a LOT of posts where members are getting tracking info such as Rail Car #, delivered to local lot awaiting Truck pickup, etc. My dealer has not been able to tell me anything besides the fact that "it's in transit". It's been in transit for over 2 weeks now and I still have no further insight as to where it might possibly be than I did 2 weeks ago...

Any other folks who've ordered back in mid-July still waiting for their orders to come in?
I'm going on 3 1/2 months and my car's still nowhere in sight. Am I the only one?

Pre-Ordered: 7/21
TPW 9/21
Event Code: 4200 - Shipped on 10/19

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Call Banacek...he can find your missing car...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered mine in early june, still waitng. Last monday nov 2nd, i was told the car was shipped to the dealer. They say i should expect it the week of nov 16th

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've had several arrive here in VT, sold in a couple of days. More due in later this week and still more not far behind that. If anyone wants one :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
We ordered in Aug. As of today, the vehicle is "awaiting shipment".

Strangely enough, we found a 2016 in the right color, with the right options, locally. So we bought it and got our deposit back.

GM doesn't push special orders. Dealers get their cars first, or at least the larger dealers.

Sort of fed up with the GM Special Order system. It has failed us 3 out of 4 times. It's not reliable.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think Some have had luck tracking the car with the onstar app "if you have access to the VIN #" download the app to your phone and try to ping the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Some have had luck tracking the car with the onstar app "if you have access to the VIN #" download the app to your phone and try to ping the car.
How do you sign into OnStar without an account number? I have my VIN. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
How do you sign into OnStar without an account number? I have my VIN. Thanks!
OnStar lies! Dealer can request railcar from GM. Also Invoice to dealer has ETA that is fairly accurate.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My car has been produced but waiting for shipping for a while. At what point does the dealer get an invoice?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately I get stonewalled when asking for railcar information... I'll look into the invoice info. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts