GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smucked a deer this morning with my 2013 volt. Did a good job on my front end. Is there anything I need to be aware of as far as towing the car or what I should watch out for at the bodyshop? I was able to drive the car a mile into town, but i was loosing some kind of fluid, so I figure I better not drive it any further.

·
4,852 Posts
Yeah definitely have it towed, don't drive it. Only real towing concern is to make sure the front wheels are elevated, and not rolling on the ground. Though I think a flat bed is generally recommended so you don't have to worry about where to tie onto the car for the full tow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had mine towed on a flatbed twice now due to sidewall failures in a tire. Both times the driver forgot to put the 4x4 (or what ever is recommended) between the chains and the front frame. This resulted in the front rubber air dam getting cut. Doesn't seem to affect performance but it is irritating and doesn't look very good.

·
2,356 Posts
It's that time of year. Radiator(s) is/are probably damaged and leaking coolant. Pretty common for a deer collision.

FWIW I had a deer collision on Friday, although this time he ran into me, so just broke the mirror and dented the driver's door.

·
Administrator
20,017 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
I smucked a deer this morning with my 2013 volt. Did a good job on my front end. Is there anything I need to be aware of as far as towing the car or what I should watch out for at the bodyshop? I was able to drive the car a mile into town, but i was loosing some kind of fluid, so I figure I better not drive it any further.
Oh Dear!!!
Deer season for hunters is fall early winter, deer season for collision is spring early summer when they have their bambies.
I live in a town where dear is protected and 1/2 of the population treats them as pets feeding them corn year out.
I hit 1 with my motorcycle and 3 with my car so far.
When spooked, they are absolutely unpredictable and often run towards the car rather then away...
When you see one be cautious (there is usually more) as they travel in groups, when one goes the rest will follow. It seems males and females group together in separate groups until mating season.

There is only one way to deal with dear situation-- must watch the entire video!!!! It brings tears to my eyes :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Oh Dear!!!
Deer season for hunters is fall early winter, deer season for collision is spring early summer when they have their bambies.
I live in a town where dear is protected and 1/2 of the population treats them as pets feeding them corn year out.
I hit 1 with my motorcycle and 3 with my car so far.
When spooked, they are absolutely unpredictable and often run towards the car rather then away...
When you see one be cautious (there is usually more) as they travel in groups, when one goes the rest will follow. It seems males and females group together in separate groups until mating season.

There is only one way to deal with dear situation-- must watch the entire video!!!! It brings tears to my eyes :)

Alabama and Ole Miss are the only states I have not visited in the US. Maybe I'll scratch Alabama off my bucket list.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
make sure the body shop is connected to the Chevy Service Center...because the Volt service techs WILL NEED to be involved in the repair...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts