GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017 this week. Was poking around and noticed that the front door pockets seem to have some unexpected extra space towards the back. It's this just some extra space or does it have another purpose. It might be good for storing seldom used items.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Umbrella keeper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, yeah. that works perfectly. One down. Just need to find something for the other space -- besides a second umbrella :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I seldom use $100 bills. Would a big wad of them fit it there?

·
Registered
129 Posts
What? Your door doesn't have an umbrella storage area *inside* the door? Tsk. How quaint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The umbrella pocket has one major flaw. It recesses straight back instead of sloping down toward the back and has no lip on the front. Try not to jump when you brake and the umbrella comes flying out making lots of noise when it hits the front of the door pocket. I just leave the umbrella at the bottom of the door. Saves me from surprising myself when I brake.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
The umbrella pocket has one major flaw. It recesses straight back instead of sloping down toward the back and has no lip on the front. Try not to jump when you brake and the umbrella comes flying out making lots of noise when it hits the front of the door pocket. I just leave the umbrella at the bottom of the door. Saves me from surprising myself when I brake.
Some have used a strip of velcro (snagger-side).

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
While I rarely need an umbrella here in California, I do occasionally put stuff in the door pocket. It is quite annoying when things slide around. The hard plastic that Chevy uses in the door panels, one of my major complaints about the Volt, doesn't help. I have been thinking I should cut up a strip of rubber to fit inside there to keep things from sliding around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts