GM Volt Forum banner

What should I do ?

• Total voters
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was a fan of Fremont Chevrolet for a while, happily bought my 2013 Volt there.

However; they were also servicing my 2011 Silverado 2500HD, the last time I took the truck in I lost all faith in that dealership and plan on taking my business for both the truck and the Volt to San Jose. I was flat out lied to by a service advisor. Of course we all know the service advisor is really just trying to up sale you but when asked a direct question he lied to me about the service interval. I happened to have the manual on my iPad and called him on it.

I attended a Volt clinic at Courtesy Chevy in San Jose and left extremely impressed - unless something changes I'll give them my money rather than Fremont Chevrolet for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fremont Chevrolet was Disappointment

I had a terrible experience trying to buy our second Volt at Fremont Chevrolet. I had a mint 2001 BMW 740i with approx 65k miles that I was thinking of trading. We were ready to do a deal when the sales manager comes out and tells me he's offering me $4000 for my BMW, which has a bb value of $8000. I wasn't totally set on trading it but once I heard that number, I took my keys back, drove away and never looked back. A few weeks later, I was at Rydell picking up our new Viridian Volt. I didn't even trade in my BMW at Rydell but the low-ball trade offer was a good indication of the type of dealership they are. I ended up selling the BMW myself for nearly $14,000.

The two experiences could not have been any different. In the Bay Area, Boardwalk seems to be a good dealership. I take both my Volts there for service and my neighbor bought her Summit White Volt from them a few months ago and had a good experience. They will apparently now match the Keyes/Rydell deals that are available in SoCal.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts