What should I do ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience dealing with Fremont Chevrolet dealership ?

Personally I've had a terrible experience buying a Chevrolet Volt through Fremont Chevrolet dealership. I signed the paperwork for buying a Chevy Volt 2012 on Jul 25th and as of today I've made ten trips to the dealership and still don't have everything squared up.

It took me 4 trips just to get to sign the lease and take delivery. First day the employees weren't sure of the numbers that go on the lease so they couldn't complete the paperwork. The gave me a loaner and told me to come back. I went back and the manager Mr. Derrick Lopez said he's busy with another deal and I should come back again. I went back again and he was unable to explain the numbers on the lease. Meanwhile the sales agent who sold me the vehicle wasn't there.

I had to make another appointment and my wife and I had to take time off work to take delivery.

That was not the end of it. The dealership owed me a $1000.00 for my trade-in, and just when we're ready to sign the sales rep Mr. Kurt Mietz tells me they said they will not pay me now but mail me a check! My wife and I were in a rush and at the last moment hardly had a choice but to agree. They sent the check but then denied payment on the check.

In the meanwhile I've continued to have problems with the car, so much so I've taken it back to the dealership four times. Twice with the Check engine light on. Each time they give me a loaner car and its some story or another. And this is a brand new car.

I asked them about why they did not pay me the $1000 and they email me asking to call them. I call and get the phone run-around. They owe me the money and they believe I should run around them to get my money. Clearly not just un-professional but bordering on un-ethical. I had a service appointment at the dealership and the service appointment professional told me he talked to the finance person at the dealership and they wanted me to re-deposit the check. I did and it was returned again!

A little searching on the Internet shows this dealership is owned by Mr. Inder Dosanjh and managed by his son Mr. Jesse Dosanjh. There is a colorful writeup from the previous owner of this dealership alleging all sorts of malfeasance at http://bit.ly/RjeYZS. I wish I had read this before I bought my Volt here.

Does anybody have any experience dealing with these guys ? Time is money and I've spent a lot of it. Everybody in the dealership on the other hand is making money and getting paid for their time.

Thanks

..PJ

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear you had bad luck with Fremont Chevrolet. I had a very different experience. I purchased my Volt through Fremont Chevrolet. And was satisfied with all aspects of the sale. Kurt Mietz was the person who sold me the car.

I contacted them in late January by phone, then email followup. They offered to sell me a 2011 dealer demo at a good discount. The price was contingent on closing the deal by the end of the month, which was the next day. I thought it over and decided to buy the car. The 2011 met all my needs, and was less than a 2012. I drove over the next evening, met Kurt and closed the deal. All paperwork was ready. And completed that evening.

At the end of the deal, we were discussing how I would drive my new car, plus old car home since I was not doing a trade in. I’m a single parent, and was there with my daughter. When Kurt realized the situation, he arranged to follow me home in the Volt. And to have another person on the staff drive along in another car. This was at about 9 PM at night. It was probably after 10 PM when they finally got back to the dealership.

To net it out, I was treated well. And the paperwork was all executed quickly and correctly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am sorry and disappointed to hear you are having such a hard time. The Bay area Chevy dealers are less than stellar. I often hear from others that your Volt Adviser may be able to help you. This guy below (Trevor) seemed helpful to others.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/member.php?5558-Chevrolet-Customer-Svc

Also you may want to consider asking one of the moderators for contacts or advice.

Its when I hear stories like yours, is when I may have second thoughts about buying a Volt when I can. I love the technology, I have little faith in most of the dealers to aggressively address service issues.

Good luck!!
Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also had great experience with Fremont Chevrolet. Kurt Mietz sold me the car and was very knowledgeable about the car, available tax incentives, and charger installation arrangements. I chose to get it from them because solely Kurt knew so much about the whole deal.

All the paperwork was done on time. I went in first time to put my deposit, second time to sign paper before end of month, third to pick up the car.

I did buy and not lease the car. May be it is the leasing department you are having problems with?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my Volt at the end of July from Kurt and everything was quick and easy. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had so many repeated problems. Have you contacted GM about the issues?

·
877 Posts
Why dont you call the volt advisor team see if they can render assistance with the car next option consider the lemon law.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The thing about buying a car from a new car dealership is that it is both exciting and frustrating at the same time. A lot of your hard earned money is changing hands, and you deserved to be treated with respect as the "customer". However, it often does not work out to well, to your expectations. It usually does not help your cause to get mad or upset and start complaining to anybody at the dealership. I have found that patience and a generally friendly nature is more beneficial.

If I were you, in your situation, I would ask to speak to the General Manager, or make an appt with him. He has a vested interest in maintaining good customer relations, whereas some of the others on staff may really care that much.

As a last resort call or write to "7 on your side", channel 7 (ABC) San Francisco and ask for Mr. Finney's help. Can't hurt. Might help. Media attention generally get the most action.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm another satisfied Fremont Chevrolet customer. I bought my 2013 Volt from Ken Tomasello on October 28th, took delivery on November 9th. The salesman (Ken) bent over backwards to get my business, went the extra effort to get the car delivered when I wanted it and spent a long time going over the bells and whistles with me.

I also have my 2011 Silverado 2500HD w/Durmax serviced there, I'm given a loaner at no charge any time I ask for it and the work has been to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also had a very good experience with Ken Tomasello at Fremont Chevrolet. But, I wasn't leasing or doing a trade-in. Still, everyone there seemed very interested in making sure I was fully satisfied, so I'm surprised the OP seems to have had such a difficult time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I almost bought from Ken. He's a great guy and THE MOST transparent of all the people I spoke with (sharing ALL information with me). Ultimately, he didn't have the best deal, but I thanked him profusely for his professionalism.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just wanted to add my 2 cents on this since I had heard good things about the Fremont dealership and Kurt in particular. I don't think I've ever been treated like such a joke at a dealership before. I had done plenty of research on Volt's (hence my finding this thread) and their incentives so I went in very serious and excited to walk away with the one I wanted. I had talked with Kurt via email a few days before to schedule a test drive of the Volt. When I walked in and explained I had an appointment they took me out the the Volts out back and asked me who I had been in contact with, which I told them was Kurt. They left us out back for 10+ plus minutes twiddling our thumbs when Kurt finally greeted us and basically said "Hi, we talked earlier today" (which we hadn't), "What do you want? You want to drive a Volt?", in a tone seemingly as if he had better/more important things to do. I obviously wanted to go for a test drive so he went back in to the office leaving us for another ~10 minutes and came back to the nearest Volt with the fob, turned it on and said, "there's absolutely no charge so it'll be all gas. Drive it around the block". Well great, I don't get to test out the most interesting part of the car (all electric). We get back and go into Kurt's office. I did mention that I was disappointed that I didn't get to experience the electric drive and he presented my options "do you wanna run the numbers or go drive one with a charge, because I have a car I've gotta move. What's it gonna be?". At this point I was pretty annoyed but I wanted to at least give the car a full go-around, so I got to drive in all electric, come back to another 10+ minute wait while Kurt was moving that car he needed to. We went back into the office where he ran the numbers and I told him I was looking for a Blue Topaz, premium trim with safety package and he basically laughed at me and said "we order them fully loaded or base, so what do you want?". I was done at that point and he didn't put up any fight to keep me there. At no point did I feel like they wanted or cared about my business. I have a young face and probably don't look like I'd seriously buy or lease a car like a Volt, but in Silicon Valley I'd think that perception might be different. In the end I got the impression I was just some kid that wanted to go for a joy ride.

In the end I got up and left and went straight to Courtesy Chevrolet where I had the polar opposite experience from the time I pulled up. I got the deal I wanted from Mike and they got my money the same day. I'm now a proud Volt owner but I'll never go to Fremont Chevrolet again. I'm sure Kurt is a great guy and deals with certain people well, but I didn't have one of those experiences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a Volt from Fremont and had a great experience. We also have purchased Escalades from them. They are professionals!!! Ask for Jessie, he's the general manager and very bright. I LOVE Fremont Chevy!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I checked all three. Not sure if that's where the votes went, but I do think you shouldn't have even gave them your trade if they're that flakey. Don't let them cheat you by demanding more money compared to what they told you up-front. Demand your old car back if they do and walk away. Go somewhere else.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize this thread was almost 6 months old. Hopefully the OP;s problems have been resolved by now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thats why I dread buying a new car from a dealer...i think many people have went through what you did...but I would have have signed the papers when you did, you tried to save a little bit of 'time' and now you have to spend a lot of Time trying to get thigns right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow

You sound totally racist not wanting to deal with a person because of their name. Fremont Chevy is a wonderful dealership... We not only bought a Volt but also a Cadillac... Welcome to the 21st Century....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The guy who hosts the bad website that bad mouths Fremont Chevy was the previous owner who got in trouble with the IRS and the FBI so he lost his dealership. He's just bitter. Fremont Chevy is the best!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts