GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Letter sent to Joe Bowman staff and service department;

Joe Bowman Team;

I'd had a few recent glitches with my Chevrolet Volt that made me think my 12v AGM was nearing the end of it's life (pushing 5 years). Since I will be doing some long trips for the Thanksgiving holiday I wanted to get this resolved as quickly as possible. After some quick comparison shopping I discovered that you had the AGM battery for $5 to $30 less than any other place I called in the area.

I was told that the battery was in stock, and if I could get in before Noon that a tech could swap it out on the spot.

So I hopped in the car and came over to the dealership where I was pointed to the correct person and my car was rolled right in. They sat me in the waiting room with a cup of coffee while they hooked a tester up to my car and determined that indeed the battery was not producing correct voltage and then went ahead and swapped it out while using a "settings saver" so that I didn't have to re-configure anything in the car.

Your team also vacuumed the interior which was appreciated.

In total I was there for less than an hour (closer to 30 minutes) and was extremely pleased with the service provided.

Thank you for your attention to detail

Nicely done and thank you

Mr. (Dutch)
------------------------------------

Side note: They didn't charge me one penny of labor to test the battery or physically swap it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can only hope that when I finally have to visit one of my local Chevy dealerships (which I hope isn't any time soon, knocking on wood..) that they're even half as good as this.

Makes me wish VA wasn't quite so far away, hah.

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
383 Posts
Thanks, Dutch. I think the dealers get a bad rap sometimes. Nice for someone to post something positive. My service experiences on both cars has been good from our local dealer and they always thank me for my business.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good job pointing out a reliable customer focused dealer service department. Yes there are a few less desirable ones around, but plenty of good ones. Cole Chevy in Schoolcraft Michigan has always treated me right.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What exactly is a "setting saver"? The other thread about swapping batteries in MY 2012 got me wondering. Is it just a booster pack perhaps hooked up front while removing all the goodies in back or something else? I bought my '14 new in May of '15 so likely have some time yet but curious for when that time inevitably comes.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What exactly is a "setting saver"? The other thread about swapping batteries in MY 2012 got me wondering. Is it just a booster pack perhaps hooked up front while removing all the goodies in back or something else? I bought my '14 new in May of '15 so likely have some time yet but curious for when that time inevitably comes.
It's a little plug thing that goes from a battery pack to the OBDII connetor. Apparently it provides just enough juice to maintain settings when swapping out a battery....

I'd imagine you could do the same thing with a booster-pack hooked to the battery posts under the hood (the ones you are supposed to use to "jump start" a Volt)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts