GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, traveling to San Francisco for few days. I was wondering if there are any dealers in the Bay Area with 2016 volts available for test drive by now.

Any idea?

·
Registered
603 Posts
There are none yet. Earliest date I have heard is Sept 7. My guess is even the most ambitious dealership wont have any for long until at least October and maybe longer. Depends on the manufacturers shipping rate.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I believe Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose will get them first. They pre-ordered all 200 from their dealer allocation (which is why anyone who placed a pre-order with them got screwed since the dealership already used up their entire allocation on themselves AND didn't tell them). I digress... they were the #1 volume Volt dealer in the country last couple years, so they're supposed to get some within the next two weeks from what I was told.

Will see though... Still speculation at this point.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I believe Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose will get them first. They pre-ordered all 200 from their dealer allocation (which is why anyone who placed a pre-order with them got screwed since the dealership already used up their entire allocation on themselves AND didn't tell them). I digress... they were the #1 volume Volt dealer in the country last couple years, so they're supposed to get some within the next two weeks from what I was told.

What's funny is the number of dealerships all claiming to be the #1 volume Volt dealer. It's ridiculous... unless maybe they are all dealing the same volume?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wonder if Capitol will throw them on Cars/autotrader and try to sell them over MSRP in hopes that out of staters will pay a high price?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

What is Capitol Chevrolet's strategy, do you think? They pre-ordered 200 Volts with different options, and now hope that anxious folks will come off the street and buy them at MSRP+? Did you pre-order from them, and will not expect to receive your new Volt because of the 200 Volts already allocated?

·
Registered
603 Posts
What is Capitol Chevrolet's strategy, do you think? They pre-ordered 200 Volts with different options, and now hope that anxious folks will come off the street and buy them at MSRP+? Did you pre-order from them, and will not expect to receive your new Volt because of the 200 Volts already allocated?
I would be really surprised if they received all two hundred cars at the same time. The big dealerships get regular deliveries, maybe one or two a week with nine to twelve cars each. I bet they will sell fast for the rest of the year.

I wonder if they will reveal what they have ordered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Capitol is strange, they still have 100 Volts left, and they are pushing leases as well. I'm guessing GM/Chevy is looking to make some extra on leases rather than purchases?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts