GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I view the Chevy site there is nothing that confirms you can add the 7.2KW charger to the 2018 model. They also say that the lighted charging port is a standard item on the 17 and up, yet when building the 19 on the Chevy site the lighted port was a $250 option. Can anyone confirm or counter what I am being told?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
If I view the Chevy site there is nothing that confirms you can add the 7.2KW charger to the 2018 model. They also say that the lighted charging port is a standard item on the 17 and up, yet when building the 19 on the Chevy site the lighted port was a $250 option. Can anyone confirm or counter what I am being told?
If that is true that the 7.2kW on-board charger can be retrofitted to earlier model year Gen 2 Volt vehicles then many Volt owners will be happy. I always thought that the lighted charge port was a dealer-installed option.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up a 2018 model. No lighted charging port.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Dealer is obviously an idiot...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a quote on a 2019 Volt and the charge port light was a CAD$340 dealer installed add on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
How do you know a car salesman is lying?

Their mouth is open.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
The dealer is wrong on both counts. One is a factory installed option and the other is a dealer add-on.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Always go with what is printed, NOT what the salesman is telling you, unless they are willing to add the lighted charge port and not charge you for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts