GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Volt. Great car till now. Wife was driving out of the neighborhood with a full charge. Rounded the last corner and went to get on the "gas". Dead throttle. Pushed it to the floor. Nothing. Pulled over. Power off and back on. That fixed it. Got a check engine light. Hit the Onstar button. Rep says no connection since I canceled the contract years ago. Got to where she was going and called me. By the time I had her check the messages the check engine light was out with no messages. Running fine now. Glad she wasn't on the highway and had to pull over to do the reset.

·
Registered
23 Posts
this sounds to me like the car "thought" it was in neutral, possibly a loose shifter or defective micro-switch in the mechanism detected it was in neutral. Silly question, but is it possible she accidentally bumped it into neutral? I have almost done this on a few occassions... the process of stopping, shifting to park, restarting, might have masked this occurrence

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
this sounds to me like the car "thought" it was in neutral, possibly a loose shifter or defective micro-switch in the mechanism detected it was in neutral. Silly question, but is it possible she accidentally bumped it into neutral? I have almost done this on a few occassions... the process of stopping, shifting to park, restarting, might have masked this occurrence
There would not be a check engine light if it was knocked into neutral though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts