·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
765 Posts
???

Gee, I guess somebody does not like the Karma?
I must admit that the car would make more sense if it preceeded the Volt by about 2 years. But other than the government money going into it I don't see the need to run it down. I do wonder if the company can make it in the long term, but that is true about lots of start-ups.

·
Super Moderator
6,241 Posts
I think most people think Tesla is successful at this point once they evolved beyond the Roadster (their intro test/learner car).

Fisker Karma = Tesla Roadster
Fisker Atlantic* = Tesla Model S

* = formerly Nina

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I think most of these start up companies way underestimate the cost of engineering and tooling for a production car. Even Elon has said if he had known, he probably would not have started down that road.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I think most of these start up companies way underestimate the cost of engineering and tooling for a production car. Even Elon has said if he had known, he probably would not have started down that road.
Alas, too true. Unfortunately Mr. De Lorenzo has it right IMHO. The history of the US auto industry is littered with the carcasses of failed startup companies, and quite a few more established ones too. Which is why my scam alert goes off every time I hear about a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts