GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this blue part supposed to light up? It looks like there might be a bulb in there but I don't see any way to access it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yes, that's your daytime running light. It's only on when the headlights are off and you are not in Park. With the addition of a simple diode, you can have the DRL's on with the headlights. I did it, and it looks better at night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's your daytime running light. It's only on when the headlights are off and you are not in Park. With the addition of a simple diode, you can have the DRL's on with the headlights. I did it, and it looks better at night.
Any thoughts on how to access it since it's not working?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Any thoughts on how to access it since it's not working?
As far as I know, the LED is not replaceable and it part of the headlight housing. Before replacing that though, I would check at the plug to see if you're getting voltage to that circuit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know, the LED is not replaceable and it part of the headlight housing. Before replacing that though, I would check at the plug to see if you're getting voltage to that circuit.
Do you have the volt/ohm specs and testing locations? The service manual shows nothing regarding this light

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recall reading on here that this failure is commonly the body module and not the light itself. I cant seem to find that info anymore though. It is good advice to check for voltage at the headlamp housing. My guess is it will not be there. Just remember those lights are only active when the car is running in drive or reverse and the headlamps are not active.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Do you have the volt/ohm specs and testing locations? The service manual shows nothing regarding this light
This video shows how to install the diode for the DRL's to stay on with the headlights. It shows the connector to unplug and the wires going to each lamp. The wire colors are somewhat different on the left and right plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This video shows how to install the diode for the DRL's to stay on with the headlights. It shows the connector to unplug and the wires going to each lamp. The wire colors are somewhat different on the left and right plugs.
Thanks. But are the specs listed anywhere to test to make sure it's bad?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine wouldn't light up after a short in the driver's visor blew a fuse on the same circuit.

Rear camera, reverse light, interior lights, and that SINGLE DRL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts