GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally picked up my 2013 Silver Topaz (kind of a grey blue) with the black and white leather interior. I've never seen one where it had white on the seats along with the ceramic white center stack.

Although it has leather, heated seats and homelink - I don't think it has much options (no nav, no backup camera).

The car is CPO and has about 25,000 miles on it.

I really enjoy driving the car in Sport Mode and use L a lot to regen when I can.

A few things I've noticed.

1 - The myChevrolet app and keyfob works great, but the charging stats have not changed? I was hoping it would stay current - any one else have this issue?

2 - I discovered that it's way too easy to turn on the driver's heated sight while adjusting the driver's air vent - which, by the way, seems to be blocked by the steering wheel and right stalk. Not complaining though as it works well - I start out in Comfort mode then put it in ECO mode.

3 - Love that I can get a free charge at Whole Foods - I don't usually shop there but I may walk around and try samples while the car charges.

4 - This forum has been very helpful. I'm bringing the car back on Tuesday to get tint done; and I'm going to ask them to install the anti-buffet kit - hopefully they'll do this for free.

5 - I just created an account in VoltStats - I call my car Viktor.

6 - MODS - I'd love to see add a body kit to the car and different wheels. Has anyone done a sunroof on a Volt? Would be cool if it had the solar sunroof like the Prius - would be more cool if it was actually effective and added range.

7 - I noticed the area beneath the cargo floor was empty - they gave me a new charger - but it's missing the tire compressor and cargo cover - does anything else belong below the cargo cover?

I'll upload pics soon - just wanted to say hello. Feel free to ask questions. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's all just day 1? Just wait til day 2!

If it's CPO shouldn't it definitely come with the tire pressurizer/goo dispenser? Might want to contact the place you bought it. That and the charger and cargo cover thing is all you get with US models.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome aboard! You're going to get hooked on using little to no gas very soon, and the quiet of electricity.

2 - You'll quickly adjust to not hitting the seat heater.
4 - If it's still under factory warranty, they should do the buffeting kit for free. There's some debate whether CPO warranty covers the buffeting kit.
6 - Search the forum, you'll find lots of stuff. No help on the Sunroof. Get a Voltshelf and a Voltscreen. Search the forum for keywords.
7 - You can get the small compressors everywhere. You'll also need a can of fix-a-flat. I would recommend the Mercedes unit, order it from an online junk dealer.

Also, the air dam in front scrapes on everything. I took it off, and have seen no discernable difference in range.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
1 - The myChevrolet app and keyfob works great, but the charging stats have not changed? I was hoping it would stay current - any one else have this issue?
Drag the screen down and release to update the stats.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you haven't already go to Chargepoint.com and get a charging card to access the public stations.

Get the Chargepoint app and the Plugshare app to show where you can plug in.

Check movie theaters for charging, nice because you plug in and sit there a couple hours watching a movie

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Plus your technique to try to regen as much as possible is flawed. Regen is only about 70% efficient at recapturing moemntum, sp you are usually better off in D driving as gingerly as much as possible to avoid regen. You will see your electric range go up avoiding regen vs. using regen.

Sport is fun, but it only remaps the accelerator to feel more spirited. If you mash the pedal to the floor it accelerates the same no matter whether you are in Normal or Sport.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 2013 also. The air dam is flexible rubber. Mine hits the ground every time I back out of the driveway. It doesn't hurt it to touch the ground. In my opinion, removing it is a waste of time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On the anti-buffeting issue, I have a 2013 Volt as well, with a CPO warranty (well out of original BTB warranty @ 47900 miles in Apr 2016) but I had luck with a good Chevy adviser, and he persisted with GM & Chevy and I'm having mine installed this week, under the CPO. Good luck.

·
Registered
907 Posts
1 - The myChevrolet app and keyfob works great, but the charging stats have not changed?
ditto on that stat refresh. It's totally non-obvious how to refresh. It's a holdover from the old RemoteLink app, I suppose. Which you are lucky to have not suffered through...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello ..... TKS.......... Did not know about these apps. Plugshare lists more in south FL then the other. Even one Publix.

If you haven't already go to Chargepoint.com and get a charging card to access the public stations.
Get the Chargepoint app and the Plugshare app to show where you can plug in.

Check movie theaters for charging, nice because you plug in and sit there a couple hours watching a movie

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I did and I still love it! Webasto Hollandia 300.
I have not seen a thread on this. Although I admit I never went looking. If one hasn't been done on it perhaps you could start one with all the questions, Where, When, How, How much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my 2013. Dont get caught doubting the battery vs 2014 and 2015. 25k miles on 40 gallons so far on my 2013 and loving it

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts