GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom Painted Volt Brake Calipers $ 7.95 – Mike Mas

Hey guys – As you can see, I have way too much time on my hands so I decided to give my Volt a little more expensive look and paint the brake calipers. When I went out to find the matching paint for my Volt at my local auto parts store, they didn’t have anything on the shelf so I ended up with a Ford metallic red paint which matches pretty good. Keep in mind - you don’t have to have it exact, in fact different colors on some cars looks real good – as an example, the Porsche Panamera has “Green” calipers and looks real good.

I cleaned the calipers with an alcohol solution prior to painting and while the Dupli-color paint is not heat proof, it won’t be a problem since the Volt uses almost 60-70% regin to brake the car. In addition I have used this same paint on other “gas” cars and never had a problem with heat.

I know there is a few automotive houses that sell caliper covers but they only come in two colors red and black which didn’t match my color, plus they would be over $200 delivered.

Anyhow, I thought the job would be a bit easier than it was but my special flat motorcycle jack still would not fit far enough un the Volt to jack her up so I ended up masking the wheels and calipers and painting them right on the car. No big deal, took my time and spend 2-3 hours. Anyhow, I really like the way she looks, it makes the Volt a little less ordinary!

Regards- Mike

·
Administrator
22,848 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.