GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new commercials are an improvement because real owners are telling us how great their Volt is. I totally agree. However, the TV screen is filled with very little color, with the Volt in the background blending in with a gray wall behind it. Are you embarrassed to highlight the Volt's good looks? The only color is the face of the owner; we don't really care about that image as compared to the Volt.
And are you following the worn out Progressive commercials with Flo and the exceedingly boring white background? That style looks pathetic.
The Canadian Volt commercials look about 10,000% better with great views of the car. Why can't a Canadian owner do a commercial with the beauty of Canada in the background?
Have you seen the Youtube video of the male owner and the Red Volt telling us about many great features of the car? That looked very good with lots of color and great detail.
Come on GM! Get with the program and PLEASE don't hire Flo to sell the car.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Some would say that having all the distraction in the background takes away from what the owner is talking about.

Nothing wrong with having another commercial that stresses the Volts looks with closeups while driving twisty mountain roads - and mention that mountains aren't a problem for the Volt.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Has anyone read Bob Lutz's book about how GM beancounters used to control the design process, and how he (Lutz) changed that culture, at least for a while. It seems that whoever controls the Volt marketing never got the memo from Lutz.

Love my fast, quiet, beautiful Volt.

WVhybrid

·
Registered
139 Posts
Let's be thankful that these new commercials are better than the old ones. I'm happy to let a few more very satisfied owners talk about the car before they start to emphasize styling. If we can get to the point where styling sells the Volt, we'll be over the hump in educating the public about what's really important.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's be thankful that these new commercials are better than the old ones. I'm happy to let a few more very satisfied owners talk about the car before they start to emphasize styling. If we can get to the point where styling sells the Volt, we'll be over the hump in educating the public about what's really important.
Have you seen the youtube of the Volt owner, Korey Levoy, and his red Volt, and the superb video plus his great commentary? That guy said it best by far!

Here it is, and way to go, Korey! Extremely well done and a great looking car!

http://youtu.be/V4a7GG8_2V0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts