GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
tell us more what you mean by stopped and does it do this in F and in R ?

creep is a build in electronic feature to make the VOLT like a regular car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not noticed it in reverse. By stopped I mean Volt is on, in drive, foot on the brake. Now just ease up on the brake until the car starts creeping ahead. That's when I can feel it pulse. Like somebody is pushing from behind at 1 second intervals. Also, it is intermittent. I have tried to demonstrate to the Volt tech and of course could not. Rolling into my driveway less that 15 min later I try it again and it's pulsing.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I have not noticed it in reverse. By stopped I mean Volt is on, in drive, foot on the brake. Now just ease up on the brake until the car starts creeping ahead. That's when I can feel it pulse. Like somebody is pushing from behind at 1 second intervals. Also, it is intermittent. I have tried to demonstrate to the Volt tech and of course could not. Rolling into my driveway less that 15 min later I try it again and it's pulsing.
Have you checked the level of the transmission fluid in the Voltec transmission?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my 2016... First time I feel this... I will have the dealersship take a look at this shortly.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5010 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes, I have noticed it on my 2017 since I bought it. It does it when accelerating from a full stop too, sometimes, not always. I find it really annoying, even passengers feel it. Dealership of course cannot duplicate, though I don't know what they would do to fix it anyways.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have felt this as well, and I think it's completely normal. You are moving against a set of motor magnets, and each pulse is a rotation from one magnet to the next.
my gen 1 sure doesn't do that. I have crept along at 3-4mph for a while before and it has always been absolutely smooth.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have felt this as well, and I think it's completely normal. You are moving against a set of motor magnets, and each pulse is a rotation from one magnet to the next.
yeah, it happens in my gen2 2017; as I remember if I ease off the brakes, but if I don't ease off enough for the car to actually go forward than it creeps in this one pulse at a time mode. We're talking about speeds of much less than 1 mph. So now I just keep my foot properly on the brakes so I haven't recreated this symptom for awhile. I'll see what it does this afternoon at a stoplight to refresh memory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes my 2017 does it as well...after letting off of the brake. Doesn't always do it, but when it's happening if I feather gently into the throttle it'll continue to pulse as a pick up a little speed...eventually 5-10mph range it'll quit pulsing and just accelerate.

This happens rarely but it's always done it as long as I can remember....doesn't feel like anything bad just somewhat annoying.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is normal, it happens with any brushless motor. basically you are running it too slow. To get the motor to turn the power electronics have to switch the polarity of the magnets back and forth. You are basically feeling the hand off between sections.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yep, mine has always done that...

Anybody else getting an intermittent pulse when stopped and then letting the car creep ahead by easing off the brake? The pulse is approx. once per second. 2016 Volt LT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts