GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Kay and I are new Volt owners. We purchased our 2017 Premier 5 days ago. Thus far, we have engaged the gas generator only on the drive home from the dealer who had not charged the battery prior to delivery. Everything is working fine on our Volt. We have a 2014 Prius. Clearly, the Volt drives better than the Prius. I am especially enjoying the quiet and smooth driving experience.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Beats the heck out of me how a Chevy dealer can deliver a new EV car with anything less than a full battery. The car is so wonderful. So many dealers are so lousy. Chevy, here's an idea for you: for every Volt or Bolt delivered with under 90% charge, deduct one pickup truck from that dealer's order or allowance. As we all know, many loyal Americans would rather eat worms than buy a Chevy. Marginal dealers should be ditched. (My dealer in Garden Grove, CA is not one of them, BTW. They are great.)

·
Administrator
21,229 Posts
My Bolt had a full charge upon delivery. And they threw in an extra charge cord for good measure. Now I have three 120V and two 240V. Does this mean I need to buy 3 more EV's? :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
As Timoshev stated, many Chevy dealers do not "get" the Volt or Volt buyers. I shopped for a long time before I actually bought the Volt, and even though I was at one time (1987-88) a Chevy salesman in Houston, I am appalled at the lack of understanding or even the "don't care to learn something outside the hot sellers" attitude of sales people and managers at many GM dealerships. I know, I know, they get hired and fired on SALES THIS MONTH! Monthly cash flow is what drives all the managers and sales people. Hard to have any enthusiasm for learning anything new -- such as how to respect and earn a "new market." (I was always the egghead that read every automotive article, and would learn the benefit/comparisons to all the competing vehicles – which helped me become salesman of the year. I has told over and over to “quit educating them, just SELL them” by the managers. Ignoring that helped me sell a lot of repeat customers).

As a customer, I have been fortunate in that my nearby small town Chevrolet dealer is very exceptional, and unusual. They are also Cadillac dealers who stock a lot of high level Corvettes, CTSV's and other "non-mainstream" higher dollar machinery, and had no problems selling and maintaining service people for Volts. I have had my 2017 Volt for a year now, and it has been great, and so has my dealer to handle service bulletins, etc. By the way, the tech on the Volt is so complicated that you should be prepared for a few service bulletins like reprogramming sensors, rerouting a fuel return line that was too close to the exhaust manifold, and so forth. Hopefully, most of these will have been solved by the mid-year 2017 production and later. This car brings smile after smile as you experience it and dive deeper into its features. Happy driving and ownership! And stay connected to this website; it is invaluable as a source to help you achieve a great ownership experience!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
One would think a company would want their network to fully represent their product no matter how popular it is. Delivering that product with anything less than it's full potential should be grounds for some form of reprimand. The Volt is designed to have a full battery. It takes a matter of a few hours at most to charge and I think that if a dealership is going to be too lazy not to charge it fully prior to test drive, the least they could do is include at least some charge during the delivery prep service they so love to charge for. Especially since most of the time the prep takes at least an hour which should give a few miles charge at the very least.

I get that the Bolt would be fully, or at least significantly charged since it doesn't have the fallback of a gas engine, but that doesn't mean that because the Volt has that capability that it too shouldn't at least have some attempt at charging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts