GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm just not searching using the right words, but I could have sworn I saw here on the forum some discussion about a "roll-up blind/shade/cover" for the hatchback area of the Volt. I've been searching the forums trying to find it again, but can't. I've been looking at the "Chevrolet accessories" sites on the web and can't find one there either. Does this really exist?

I had an old Toyota 4Runner that used to have one of these for it's storage area as well. I can best describe this accessory as like a roll-up blind that attaches just behind the rear seats and allows you to pull the shade out to two attachment points at the rear of the storage area. When you want to remove it you can just pull it off the attachment points and then a spring will roll it back up.

Sorry I can't describe this accessory any better! Can someone help me find one for my 2013 Volt?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a dealer option for a cargo cover, but it's just a stretchy cloth that you can attach to 4 posts in the wall of the trunk. Nothing fancy like the spring-loaded roll up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There's a dealer option for a cargo cover, but it's just a stretchy cloth that you can attach to 4 posts in the wall of the trunk. Nothing fancy like the spring-loaded roll up.
It's not an option. The stretchy cloth cover comes standard.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
My 2012 Volt came with that stretchy cover as standard equipment. Maybe your dealer stole yours? Or perhaps it's rolled up inside one of the two storage compartments on the sides of your hatch area? ;-)

·
Administrator
21,032 Posts
My 2013 came with the roll up cover. I use it all the time and it works well.
A roll up cover, LScott? Hmm, do you mean the stretch cloth? If not, do you have pictures?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I prefer the stretch cloth cover. Light weight, and if I needed to stow away, just life up the trunk compartment, and place it there. The hard plastic cover cannot do that. And, it adds weight to the car, but, it's not significant enough to effect the performance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Found my stretchy cover rolled up in the rear right side storage unit, If that's what you would call the little bov

·
Administrator
21,032 Posts
Found my stretchy cover rolled up in the rear right side storage unit, If that's what you would call the little bov
I am unfamiliar with "bov".

Google says Bov can refer to many things:

Bov (mythology) - A king in Celtic mythology.
Bov municipality - A municipality in Denmark.
Bug-out vehicle - Bug-out vehicle, used by survivalists to escape a calamity.
Blowoff valve - An element of modern turbocharged vehicles.
BOV (APC) - A Yugoslavian wheeled armoured personnel carrier.
Bov and Gara Bov ("Bov Station"), villages in Svoge municipality, Sofia Province, Bulgaria.
Bolivian Mvdol (funds code), an ISO4217 registered currency code
BOV: Broker Opinion of Value.
In scuba diving with a rebreather: bailout valve: valve to turn to switch to breathing from an open-circuit bailout.
BoV - Bank of Valletta, a bank in Malta.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts