GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this stinks. Looks like the Costco GM Holiday Sales Event does not apply to Volts. I passed up some "deals" in September partially because I was waiting for this event. Now what am I going to do?

http://costcoauto.com/promo/dealer/default.aspx

GM Holiday Sales Event
Oct. 1, 2016 – Jan. 3, 2017
Promo overview

Costco members who purchase an eligible, new 2016 or 2017 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac between Oct. 1, 2016, and Jan. 3, 2017, receive:

GM Supplier Pricing
Most currently available GM incentives
Costco Cash Card
$700 for Executive Members
$300 for Gold Star and Business Members

Eligible models: New 2016 and 2017

Chevrolet: Camaro, Colorado, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse and Trax
Buick: Cascada, Enclave, Encore and Envision
GMC: Acadia, Canyon, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL
Cadillac: Escalade, ATS, CT6, CTS, XTS and XT5

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well that's a bummer. I did a Black Friday lease on a Cruze last year and with all the incentives i'm out of pocket $30/month. Either the Volt is selling well enough they don't feel a need to incentivize it or maybe they can't keep up with demand. Eventually they will come out with plenty of incentives just like they do on all their cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know in Ontario, when shopping around I had several dealers tell me pricing on the Volt is "restricted", no discounts even for employees. I too was hoping for some discount via Costco, but no luck. Got $500 from GM card.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Once the Bolt is released, giving GM multiple full-use ZEV credits, they won't need to put significant incentives on the Volt any more, so expect them not to put the Volt in programs like that.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Would love to hear their logic to why the Volt was excluded but don't think that's going to happen...

Despite the Bolt EV coming out this year, we don't know how many...I believe there will be Bolt EV deliveries this year but believe maybe just a thousand or two...Also we all know what happens when you ASSUME, you cannot assume Bolt EV production will be perfect and deliveries will happen for 2016...From a ZEV credit standpoint, makes more sense to still include Volt in this Costco promo...However, perhaps they're withholding the Volt in the hopes of Volt shoppers will get the Bolt...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't know if I trust that list. Would be good if someone made some phone calls to confirm.

Why would they include the new Envision or Acadia, but not include the old Buick Regal?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I don't know if I trust that list. Would be good if someone made some phone calls to confirm.

Why would they include the new Envision or Acadia, but not include the old Buick Regal?
Check out this link. Seems pretty obvious the Red Headed Step Child was once again slighted...sigh :(

https://www.costcoauto.com/promo/default.aspx

1-800-755-2519 I haven't called to verify.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

What do you mean by "someone"? You seem like the best person for that job. I trust the list that they posted. But you know I can't describe how grateful I'd be if you found out that the Volt actually is included.

Their terms say that "The Costco GM Holiday Sales Event ends Jan. 3, 2017, and is subject to change without notice. For more information, please visit our FAQ page or call 1-888-211-5977." So the real question is who do we need to contact to get the Volt added to the list?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
What do you mean by "someone"? You seem like the best person for that job. I trust the list that they posted. But you know I can't describe how grateful I'd be if you found out that the Volt actually is included.

Their terms say that "The Costco GM Holiday Sales Event ends Jan. 3, 2017, and is subject to change without notice. For more information, please visit our FAQ page or call 1-888-211-5977." So the real question is who do we need to contact to get the Volt added to the list?
Received my email today from Costco. No Volt on the list. Maybe if we all started calling and complaining??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried calling one of those numbers. 1-800-755-2519 or 1-888-211-5977 I can't remember which one. But the woman just laughed at me. And that's not an exaggeration.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Volt is now eligible!
What are the details? How to best approach this when negotiating? I am asking since you have "been there, done that"

Ok, update, I went and read the details. Looks like supplier pricing and either a 300 or 700 dollar costco gift card depending on membership details. I did not confirm the Volt as I just took your word for it. I still expect GM to bring back the 20% off before Christmas. This could turn out to be interesting. Wow, a Volt Loyalty would be nice too ;) Come on GM, you can do it.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
What are the details? How to best approach this when negotiating? I am asking since you have "been there, done that"

Ok, update, I went and read the details. Looks like supplier pricing and either a 300 or 700 dollar costco gift card depending on membership details. I did not confirm the Volt as I just took your word for it. I still expect GM to bring back the 20% off before Christmas. This could turn out to be interesting. Wow, a Volt Loyalty would be nice too ;) Come on GM, you can do it.
Based off what I've seen with recent Equinox lease deals (this year's Cruze Limited lease steal btw...$100/month, $0 down 24 month lease is possible), it's a matter of negotiating your best sales price pre-incentives, then they apply the Costco code you get for registering for the Holiday sale event, and you get your gift card in 6-8 weeks.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Best guesses on why the Volt wasn't added from the beginning? Best guesses as to why it was added now?
Final sales push to pad EOY numbers? That's my guess. Maybe they are gonna be close, so they decided to add more vehicles to the eligibles list.

Hopefully the Bolt EV pops up next month! Extra $700 on top of Costco pricing would be gravy. :D

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Since we are talking about the Costco Offer, I opened a GMBuyPowerCard about two months ago just in case...has anyone received any offers from them lately? I would really like to see an offer from them, plus the 20% discount, combined with Costco and Farm Bureau, hey, a Volt Loyalty would be nice too :) That would probably push me to trade. I don't live in a Carb State, so nothing else there.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Does the Costco offer apply for lease as well ? Or only for purchase ?
Lease or purchase. Just has to be a new vehicle.

Right now I could lease a '17 Equinox, collect the $700 Costco card, transfer the Equinox lease in 6 months, and I'd be $70 out of pocket total...or less than $12/month for the Equinox. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pricing with Costco seems be only 2500 off MSRP (3200 with the Costco gift card). This is with no negotiation (since I had been hoping for hassle free pricing). Much better advertised deal for 6K off MSRP from a different dealer which I think will also he hassle free.

Is the Costco price negotiable as well ? Negotiating with dealers is my least favorite activity, so had been hoping to avoid. Disappointed so far.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts